RE: [VLF_Group] Anyone know of any phenomonon with 15 or 30 or 45 minutae wavelength? Anyone every detect such a thing.

  • Gallagher, Dennis L. (MSFC-VP62)
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
      The only natural signals approaching that wavelength that I am aware of are ultralow frequency micropulsations in the PC5 range. That is low enough in frequency however, that even large scale resonances in the magnetospheric cavity may not be the source. If due to natural causes, which of course is yet to be determined, that would leave you with large scale undulations in the solar wind speed or density as a possible source.

      If you can provide a time period when you see the oscillation, I can check the SOHO spacecraft solar wind measurements to see if that could be the source.

      Dennis