Re: SIDs at 2009-11-27

  • dl4yhf
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi Walter,

      You asked:
      > Don't know if Speclab can do this. Eventually Wolf will tell us yes
      > and do read the manual. It's all in there ....

      Yes, it's in there. The chart plotter is 'freely programmable', you can define what it shall show by virtue of the built-in interpreter.
      For example, an expression like this (entered in the "watch"-table) will measure the power difference between two frequencies (result in dB if the spectrum analyser's output is in dB):

      peak_a(20000,20100)-peak_a(20200,20300)

      will calculate the difference in 'peak amplitudes', measured in the frequency range 20000 to 21000, and 20200 and 20300.
      That's just an example. There are also functions to measure the total power, or effective voltage in any frequency range, etc.

      I can give you more details later if required; at the moment I'm just about to leave for some (144 MHz-) 'radio activity'.

      Cheers,
      Wolf .
    • Walter
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009