Re: WJ receiver

  • sfusare <sfusare@adelphia.net>
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi Joe,
      I am not familiar with the unit you mention. I assume it
      is a Watkins Johnson communications receiver. If so, they built
      nothing but very high quality equipment (read very expensive).
      So, if that is indeed what it is, it should work fine (excellent)
      for narrow band VLF work. It likely will not work well for natural
      radio, the width of the passband is normally to small. Guess I would
      need more information to comment further.
      As for antennas, my experience is limited to home brew e-field type
      units. Easy and cheap to build but with some short comings. I would
      suggest perusing the info on Renato's website:
      http://web.tiscali.it/vlfradio/

      Scott Fusare

      --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, joe colouch <joe_colouch@y...>