Märklin Inc. joins VEC sponsors for London Festival

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
      Dear fellow Valeasians,

      I am very honored to announce that Mr. Fred Gates, President of
      Märklin Inc., New Berlin, WI, USA has joined Micro-Trains Line Ltd.
      and Ztrack Magazine Inc. as an official corporate sponsor of the VECRR
      London Festival Adventure.

      Märklin was an early supporter of the ambassadorial duties of the
      VECRR. In 2001, Märklin Inc. sponsored the large 5-compartment custom
      shipping crate that safely transported the entire VECRR layout to both
      Sinsheim, Germany (Faszination Modellbau), and Utrecht, Netherlands
      (Eurospoor).

      For the 2006 London Adventure, Märklin has generously provided the
      following "insurance" items and American-profile rolling stock that
      will help to keep the trains running smoothly on the VECRR, come what may!

      1 - 08560 Z TRK DOUBLE SLIP REMOTE
      1 - 08562 Z TRK TURNOUT LEFT REMOTE
      1 - 08563 Z TRK TURNOUT RIGHT REMOTE
      1 - 08568 Z TRK TURNOUT CURV LEFT REMOTE
      1 - 08569 Z TRK TURNOUT CUR RIGHT REMOTE
      1 - 601229 STATION LIGHT ON TOWER MAST
      1 - 81535 AMERICAN STARTER SET
      1 - 82521 4 CAR PASSENGER SET PRR/B&O
      1 - 88812 AMER MIKADO LOCO w/Tender/Caboose

      Over the years, I have had occasion to replace troublesome turnouts
      and I have always had spares along as an insurance policy at major
      train shows. However, with the building of Val Ease Summit Division,
      I had drafted all my spares into the VES track work.

      The station tower mast light is a welcome replacement for a damaged
      mast that was originally destined to shed a bright patch of light on
      Centre Val Ease classification yard. This will complete the lighting
      design for the layout.

      Of course, the addition of modern, 5-pole locomotives and US rolling
      stock will allow me to place reliable and smooth-running steam
      locomotives on VEW during the London Festival engagement.

      I thank Fred Gates and Märklin Inc. for their generous contribution of
      these very useful items.

      Märklin Inc. is a strong and loyal supporter of individual Z
      ambassadors and modules groups appearing at the NMRA National Train
      Shows. I am proud to once again count Märklin Inc. as a VECRR sponsor.

      Thank you Fred for your help in making the VECRR London Festival
      Adventure a great success.

      Jeffrey MacHan
      Chief Imagineer - Val Ease Central RR
      Exporail - Canadian Railway Musueum
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2006
        Hello fellow Valeasians,

        Märklin's very generous CARE package arrived today via UPS. The
        delivery was rather painful since the UPS driver collected $192 which
        included sales tax and $75 in brokerage fees! OUCH!!!

        I am now in the rather awkward position of having to sell off some of
        the Märklin goodies (not the replacement streetlight which I had
        already paid for, nor the spare turnouts) to cover the cost of my good
        fortune.

        Still, Märklin Inc. was very generous and I appreciate their support
        for our travels. Sometimes things simply don't work out exactly as
        planned!