"Val Ease Summit Division" enters Exporail collection and other newZ

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2005
      Dear fellow Valeasians,

      I just realized that I haven't sent word lately on recent happenings
      in the world of the VECRR. There have been a couple of developments.

      I have officially donated VES to Exporail as section 4 of the VECRR.
      VES is now safely ensconced in the VECRR travel case at the Museum. I
      would like to thank Eric Smith, CEO of Micro-Trains Line Co. and
      Robert Kluz, publisher and editor of Ztrack Magazine Ltd. for
      providing written appraisals for VES. Without their support over the
      years, the VECRR wouldn't be what it is nor where it is today.

      The latest word from Kevin Robinson, Director of Educational Services
      at Exporail, is that he has the final design plans in hand for the
      VECRR exhibit at the Museum. He has also received the display case
      and other exhibit hardware for the VECRR. He expects that work on the
      display area will start shortly after the holidays.

      Kevin has also given me the green light to participate with the VEC in
      the Paris "Mondial de la maquette" in April 2006 as well as the NMRA
      National Train Show in Philadelphia next July. Exporail will provide
      logistical and promotional support for these events.

      Now that I've brought you up to date, I have to find some time today
      to work on my "Last Spike" for the January-February issue of Ztrack.
      Rob tells me that he's already putting together the March-April issue!

      Oh, I almost forgot...the December issue of Scale Rails Magazine
      (NMRA) will include the article I wrote about "Marthe Simard's
      Kofferbahn von Sankt Bartholomä" layout. This will be my last
      "Z-Scale Rails" column. I have turned over my writing duties to Allen
      Miller who becomes "conductor". It will be good to read someone
      else's work from time to time.

      All the best,