What waZ he thinking?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2005
      Dear fellow Valeasians,

      I am much distressed by the fact that you were not the first to
      receive the following invitation. I don't know what came over me.
      As Valeasians, I know that you appreciate the slightly canted
      mumblings of the Chief Imagineer. It almost stands to reason, that
      you would be obliquely interested in the sort of childishness
      that "Zscale" is likely to encourage.

      Zscale now has 16 members, all of whom are Valeasians but they came
      to learn of this folly elsewhere. Hopefully, this message will make
      amends for my inexcusable oversight.

      RegardZ,
      Chief Imagineer

      ***************

      From: "Jeffrey MacHan"
      Date: Wed Mar 9, 2005 3:03 pm
      Subject: New group, not for the faint of heart ;-)

      Hi Gang,

      Believe it or not, the group name "Zscale" was still available so I
      immediately took possession so that somebody with more sense and good
      looks would not make good use of it.

      The group is active as you read this and I am literally thinking up
      what to do with it as I type.

      Let's see...
      - all members must be approved, check!
      - message archive is private, check!
      - email attachments are not allowed, check!
      - messages are moderated, check!
      - long-winded doctoral dissertations are accepted, check!
      - twisted senses of humour/humor are strongly advised, check!
      - encourage FUN between the members, no universal Z-scale mission,
      check!
      - and probable many other crazy thingZ...

      So anybody who is willing to contribute and I mean contribute to a
      FUN time between conZenting juvenileZ (well we could hardly call
      memberZ of such a group "adultZ" now can we), then you are most
      welcome to apply for membership. Successfullly answering a skill-
      testing question and month-long quest may be required. Oh, and I
      almost forgot, you have to put up with absolute rule by the despot, I
      mean, the listowner.

      Have a great day!

      Jeffrey MacHan
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zscale

      *********** The End ***********
    • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2005
        Dear Jeff,

        even if I dont know what you are talking about: BleZZed and Forgiven!

        I am keen, to learn more from your experiences in completing your layout.
        Especially I like to get more knowledge from the electrical side of your
        flawless operation of the layout.

        GreetingZ

        Dieter

        Jeffrey MacHan schrieb:

        > Dear fellow Valeasians,
        >
        > I am much distressed by the fact that you were not the first to
        > receive the following invitation. I don't know what came over me.
        > As Valeasians, I know that you appreciate the slightly canted
        > mumblings of the Chief Imagineer. It almost stands to reason, that
        > you would be obliquely interested in the sort of childishness
        > that "Zscale" is likely to encourage.
        >
        > Zscale now has 16 members, all of whom are Valeasians but they came
        > to learn of this folly elsewhere. Hopefully, this message will make
        > amends for my inexcusable oversight.
        >
        > RegardZ,
        > Chief Imagineer
        >
        > ***************
        >
        > From: "Jeffrey MacHan"
        > Date: Wed Mar 9, 2005 3:03 pm
        > Subject: New group, not for the faint of heart ;-)
        >
        > Hi Gang,
        >
        > Believe it or not, the group name "Zscale" was still available so I
        > immediately took possession so that somebody with more sense and good
        > looks would not make good use of it.

        > The group is active as you read this and I am literally thinking up
        > what to do with it as I type.
        >
        > Let's see...
        > - all members must be approved, check!
        > - message archive is private, check!
        > - email attachments are not allowed, check!
        > - messages are moderated, check!
        > - long-winded doctoral dissertations are accepted, check!
        > - twisted senses of humour/humor are strongly advised, check!
        > - encourage FUN between the members, no universal Z-scale mission,
        > check!
        > - and probable many other crazy thingZ...
        >
        > So anybody who is willing to contribute and I mean contribute to a
        > FUN time between conZenting juvenileZ (well we could hardly call
        > memberZ of such a group "adultZ" now can we), then you are most
        > welcome to apply for membership. Successfullly answering a skill-
        > testing question and month-long quest may be required. Oh, and I
        > almost forgot, you have to put up with absolute rule by the despot, I
        > mean, the listowner.
        >
        > Have a great day!
        >
        > Jeffrey MacHan
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zscale

        Dieter W. Nolte
        E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
          Hi Dieter,

          I think that you have a great idea there. I was looking for the theme
          of my next Ztrack "Last Spike" article (September-October). I agree
          that it is about time that I gave a detailed account of the electrical
          wiZardry hidden underneath the layout and in the control boxes.

          Although DCC seems to be gaining support in Z, the vast majority of
          our fellow modellers are using traditional DC block control. The VEC
          is a good example of how DC block control can be customized to the
          needs of a particular situation. In the case of the VEC I needed,
          multiple single-cabs, diode-matrix turnout control powered by
          dedicated Capacitor discharge units (CDU), integrated sound, HF track
          conditioners and a way to run 3 trains during train shows. And power
          for various lighting, smoke and sound effects.

          Of course all of the above had to be contained inside the suitcases
          and the control boxes could only use 25 conductors each.

          I think that the story of where the electrons flow on the VECRR will
          be an interesting article to prepare and, hopefully, to read!

          Take care,
          Jeffrey

          PS. If you check out the VECRR Library you'll see the titles of the
          future "Last Spikes" that have already been submitted to Ztrack.
          These articles will be made immediately available to Valeasians when
          the corresponding Ztrack issue is mailed. Next up, "A PURRfect kitbash"