Eurospoor 2003

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 4:41 AM
      Dear Fellow Valeasians,

      Last Friday the contract for Eurospoor 2003 arrived in the mail
      from Leo Hendriksen, the show manager. This little document
      signals the official start of preparations to attend this major event
      next October 17 - 19 in Utrecht, Netherlands.

      The crew for Eurospoor 2003 is composed of Terry and Helen
      Sutfin, Marthe Simard and myself. We will be the guests of
      Eurospoor during the show.

      The next steps in getting ready are providing photos of the crew
      to Eurospoor for our show passes, getting my wife's passport
      and making travel arrangements.

      Shipping of the layout is a big expense and I am happy to have
      the following sponsors who are helping to cover the costs:

      Schenker Canada Inc. , Micro-Trains Line Limited, Märklin Inc.
      and Ztrack Magazine Limited.

      More information concerning the show can be found at
      http://www.eurospoor.nl

      Stay tuned for more details are preparations progress.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      Val Ease County Travel Bureau
    • Ysbrand van der Veen
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 28, 2003
        Hello Jeffrey, Group,

        Didn't react so far on our wonderful get-together in Utrecht because
        I wanted you and the Sutphins to get some rest after your what must
        have been exhausting days in Holland. Hope the VEC has been
        delivered back to you without having suffered any damage.
        I couldn't find an email adress in the group of the Sutphins. Love
        to hear from them if they felt they found their roots back visiting
        the wonderful Zutphen.

        Compliments for doing such a great job for Z-scale and hopefully see
        you back in the near future

        Best,
        Ysbrand
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2003
          Hey there, Ysbrand!

          Great to hear from you. The Sutfins (with an F) are
          back home and busy getting ready for the Halloween
          assault by their neighbourhood kids ;-)

          I am waiting patiently for delivery of the VEC from
          Schenker some time this week once it has cleared
          Canadian customs. I don't expect any breakage but
          I'll certainly report whatever I find. The Eurospoor
          diaries will begin once I have the layout back home.

          It was a wonderful experience meeting you and the
          other enthusiastic Zedheads. Eurospoor was impressive
          to say the least, completely different from Sinsheim
          but strikingly similar to my experience at the Amherst
          BIG Train Show in West Springfield, MA. The size,
          style, target attendance and exhibits are practically
          identical except for the languages spoken and the
          European versus American content.

          Terry, Helen and I had a superb holiday in the
          Netherlands. Everyone we met was hospitable and
          extremely friendly. We felt right at home.

          PS. You can send an email to Terry via his Yahoogroups
          ID in the VECRR membership database. Look for sutfin.

          --- Ysbrand van der Veen <y.m.vanderveen@...>
          wrote: > Hello Jeffrey, Group,