Progress report on MR article

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
      Hello Fellow Valeasians,

      It took a while but I finally submitted the text and photos of my
      report of Faszination Modellbau 2002 to Model Railroader Magazine.

      You might recall that Russ Larson, publisher of MR, provided an
      advance on an article w/photos of the VECRR's trip to Sinheim. It
      feels good to have completed my assignment and to have received
      confirmation from Russ Larson and Terry Thompson, the new editor of
      Model Railroader, that everything has arrived at their editorial
      inboxes.

      Mr. Thompson did some checking and confirmed that the VECRR article
      from last Fall is waiting to be assigned to an associate editor
      following the departure in the last few months of Jeff Wilson, the
      original associate editor working on the article, Jim Kelly, senior
      editor supervising Mr. Wilson and Andy Sperandeo, editor of MR who
      was encouraging his colleagues to include a feature Z article in MR.
      It never hurts to remind the powers that be, especially a new editor,
      about material waiting to be scheduled. ;-)

      Although neither of the articles is currently assigned nor scheduled,
      I'll keep hoping to see the VECRR in print in MR some day. Besides,
      what choice do I have?

    • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2002
        Dear Jeffrey,

        never give up to get our idea on the track of the important press!

        Today I discovered an article in one of the four German model railroad
        magazines, the 'Eisenbahn Journal' June edition an article: 'How to build a
        scale Z layout'!!! This is quite a big news. Several pages filled with nice
        scale z layout pictures!

        Also in one of the other important magazines, the 'MIBA', a picture was
        published showing Jens Wimmel, the winner (with his scale Z layout) of the
        competition in Sinsheim 2002, receiving the first prize.

        Well, we have to keep on showing our layouts.

        At least every year one picture of a scale Z layout (last years mine) or of the
        winner of the contest (this year) is the least we have to achieve!

        Dear Jeffrey, it is a pitty that you are not at Fort Lauderdale.
        I am excited to meet all the other fine scale Z model railroaders there.

        Greetings

        Dieter

        jmac_han schrieb:
        > Hello Fellow Valeasians,
        >
        > It took a while but I finally submitted the text and photos of my
        > report of Faszination Modellbau 2002 to Model Railroader Magazine.
        >
        > You might recall that Russ Larson, publisher of MR, provided an
        > advance on an article w/photos of the VECRR's trip to Sinheim. It
        > feels good to have completed my assignment and to have received
        > confirmation from Russ Larson and Terry Thompson, the new editor of
        > Model Railroader, that everything has arrived at their editorial
        > inboxes.
        >
        > Mr. Thompson did some checking and confirmed that the VECRR article
        > from last Fall is waiting to be assigned to an associate editor
        > following the departure in the last few months of Jeff Wilson, the
        > original associate editor working on the article, Jim Kelly, senior
        > editor supervising Mr. Wilson and Andy Sperandeo, editor of MR who
        > was encouraging his colleagues to include a feature Z article in MR.
        > It never hurts to remind the powers that be, especially a new editor,
        > about material waiting to be scheduled. ;-)
        >
        > Although neither of the articles is currently assigned nor scheduled,
        > I'll keep hoping to see the VECRR in print in MR some day. Besides,
        > what choice do I have?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jeffrey

        Dieter W. Nolte
        E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2002
          >From: Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
          >To: VECRR@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [VECRR] Progress report on MR article
          >Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:08:45 +0200
          >
          >Dear Jeffrey,
          >
          >never give up to get our idea on the track of the important press!
          >
          >Today I discovered an article in one of the four German model railroad
          >magazines, the 'Eisenbahn Journal' June edition an article: 'How to build a
          >scale Z layout'!!! This is quite a big news. Several pages filled with
          >nice
          >scale z layout pictures!
          >
          >Also in one of the other important magazines, the 'MIBA', a picture was
          >published showing Jens Wimmel, the winner (with his scale Z layout) of the
          >competition in Sinsheim 2002, receiving the first prize.
          >
          >Well, we have to keep on showing our layouts.
          >
          >At least every year one picture of a scale Z layout (last years mine) or of
          >the
          >winner of the contest (this year) is the least we have to achieve!
          >
          >Dear Jeffrey, it is a pitty that you are not at Fort Lauderdale.
          >I am excited to meet all the other fine scale Z model railroaders there.
          >
          >Greetings
          >
          >Dieter

          Hey there, Dieter,

          I will never give up on the major magazines! I'm very encouraged in fact.
          After all, I have already sold 2 articles to Model Railroader. It's up to
          the editor to decide if and when the articles will be published. Another
          publication that expressed interest in receiving material is Model
          Railroading Magazine. I spoke to the Publisher / Editor at last year's
          National Train Show. He tends to favour construction articles rather than
          the glossy layout expos�s we see in MR. This is a good opportunity for
          other authors who are interested in getting into print.

          I'm working on a big project at the moment. Stay tuned for some very
          exciting news regarding Z scale coverage in the major press in the next week
          or so. I can't tell you more at this time but, rest assured, you'll read
          about it here first!

          Ah, Ft. Lauderdale! I almost made it but buying a house, moving July 1 and
          my wife refusing to accompany me sort of conflicted with the big show.
          Anyway, I had the pleasure of your company in Sinsheim for 4 days. The gang
          in Ft. Lauderdale should have the same privilege as Terry and me, right?
          Speaking of Terry, he and I are still making plans to return to Germany for
          the Stuttgart show in November. I'm still waiting for an answer from
          Messe-Stuttgart concerning their sponsorship. They appear interested which
          is good news.

          Keep those trains rolling, Dieter, and say hello to Suzie for me.

          Cheers,

          Jeffrey R. MacHan
          Chief Imagineer - Val Ease Central RR
          NMRA NTS2001 "Best of Show"