Sinsheim update

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2002
      Hello Fellow Valeasians,

      The absolutely last, or almost, preparations for the trip are being
      completed. The layout is packed in the shipping case waiting for
      collection next Monday at noon by Schenker Eurocargo, the official
      transportation agent for the show. I still might unlock the case to
      add a compact folding stool from Walmart if it fits. I think it
      will, I hope it will, it would be real Cool if it did! That would
      complete the display concept. The case would hold the layout, tools,
      electrical, 2 tables to set up on and a stool to sit upon when the
      feet get tired!

      I think that I should also pick up a 6 socket power bar to replace
      the 4 socket bar that I have packed. Remind me to pick one up at
      Walmart when I go to get the folding stool.

      I still have to decide if the trains will go to Germany in the
      shipping case with the layout or if I will take them with me in my
      carry-on luggage. I'm not sure how airport security will react when
      they see my Z trains in the xray machine!

      Terry has made his plane reservations and we'll be connecting next
      March 15th at 3pm. On the 14th I should receive my GSM cell phone
      for use in Great Britain and Western Europe. I have rented the phone
      so that Terry and I can stay in touch with our better halves who have
      given us permission to go outside and play for the last 2 weeks of
      March.

      Yesterday Werner Zuendorf emailed me the name of the hotel we will be
      staying in while in Sinsheim. It's nice to know where we will be
      sleeping from March 19 to 25. I was almost worried for a while. I
      still have to send them our arrival and departure times from
      Frankfurt airport so that our transfers can be arranged.

      What a great way to run a train show! Thanks Werner.