Re: Spring 2013

    Message 1 of 8 , May 28, 2013
      Greetings Thom,

      Yes, I am very much alive and kicking. The garden is blooming and the trains have been running since the end of March. I had two track joiner issues that were quickly resolved with the addition of jaw clamps and conductive paste to restore the connections.

      I have gone to DCC on my indoor layout and have already replaced the first generation decoders in my loco fleet with 3rd gen DCC Concepts "Stay Alive" units. I plan to recycle the 1st gen decoders to power the constant lighting circuits in my passenger cars.

      Congrats on your T-rail-Z modules. The hobby needs new ideas and innovators like yourself. I'm sure that you will be a smash hit in Atlanta.

      As far as crossing paths, the most likely opportunity would be at NTS 2014 in Cleveland. It is a 9-hour drive from my home and would make a nice stopover on a vacation trip to Chicago (high on my "places to visit" list).

      Hope you have a great time at NTS and a wonderful summer.