Re: Spring 2013

  • rvn20012000
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2013
      Hello Jeffrey,

      It's nice to read that you're still alive and kicking. I suspect that, by now, the ponds are melted and you've had time to make more progress on your garden railroad. I'm still active in Z scale and have come up with some table-top modules of my own design.

      I plan to take my Z-Bend Track modules to the NTS in Atlanta and hope to have space to display my T-rail-Z modules as well. I've also discovered a railroad that uses my initials, the TP&W, and I'm painting and applying decals to Z scale locomotives and rolling stock. The boxcar and old-time passenger car I decorated for the VECRR still make trips on my modules.

      Keep up the good work and I hope to see you soon.....somewhere.
      Thom Welsch
      C&FWRR
      Message 2 of 8 , May 28, 2013
        Greetings Thom,

        Yes, I am very much alive and kicking. The garden is blooming and the trains have been running since the end of March. I had two track joiner issues that were quickly resolved with the addition of jaw clamps and conductive paste to restore the connections.

        I have gone to DCC on my indoor layout and have already replaced the first generation decoders in my loco fleet with 3rd gen DCC Concepts "Stay Alive" units. I plan to recycle the 1st gen decoders to power the constant lighting circuits in my passenger cars.

        Congrats on your T-rail-Z modules. The hobby needs new ideas and innovators like yourself. I'm sure that you will be a smash hit in Atlanta.

        As far as crossing paths, the most likely opportunity would be at NTS 2014 in Cleveland. It is a 9-hour drive from my home and would make a nice stopover on a vacation trip to Chicago (high on my "places to visit" list).

        Hope you have a great time at NTS and a wonderful summer.