Re: www.Val-Ease-Central.com up and running

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2013
      Hi Gavin, faithful fellow Valeasian :-)

      No, the Tokyo trip never happened although I came close to making a firm committment to Hiroshi Kato back in 2008, I believe. The trip planning fell apart when I learned that the JAM Convention Committee required that I be accompanied by a full-time interpreter (big $$$) and pay for my display area. Although I had my loyal sponsors on board with me, I would have had to foot a very large expense to make the trip. In addition, things were getting too complicated on the personal level to follow through in the short timeframe I had to organise the trip.

      Fortunately, several Japanese Z manufacturers were launching new products so there was no need for my small contribution to promote the scale in Japan.

      Although I never made a big deal of it, once the VECRR had registered 1 million virtual passengers, I lost my motivation to travel with the layout, which had also become a substantial financial committment.

      All the best