More lights for the KvSB

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      Hi there, fellow Valeasians,

      I got back from a fun summer weekend in Montreal with a few goodies that I picked up at Hobby Junction the hobby shop in Dorval, Quebec.

      My mission was to find a low profile snow plow detail part to add to the trucks of my two ÖBB 2095 diesels. The prototypes had truck mounted couplers on pivoting trucks. Low profile snow plows completed the skirting aroung the chassis.

      Tony, one of the store owners, greeted me as I came in the door. I showed him the loco that needed the plow. His first observation was that it would need a very low profile detail part. He took me to his parts rack and pulled off two samples. One from Details West seemed low enough to be a good starting point for the project. Since I have two locos, I picked up 4 packages.

      Unfortunately for my bank account, the detail parts were right next to the HO industrial lights! I spent several minutes trying to make up my mind how many of what kind of light to grab. I had no problem recalling the motto: get them now, 'cuz they won't be there the next time!

      So I left the store with two sets of 2 park lights, 3 single industrial lights in two styles. All of these lights have found spots on the layout. I really enjoy adding lights, especially the Brawa / Walthers plug-in style lights. It is easy to install the base and fun to swap out different lights to get the perfect "look".

      I still haven't weathered the rails, but it's high on my ToDo list!