Micro-Trains Line plans Z Convention in 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2009
      Hello fellow Valeasians,

      If you have not already heard the news, let me be the one to share an invitation from Micro-Trains Line to the 2010 National Z Scale Convention to be held in Medford, Oregon next March 30 - April 1. http://www.national-zscaleconvention.com/index.html

      Although billed by Micro-Trains as the "First Annual" it actually builds on a series of previous "National" Z conventions that start back in Richardson, Texas (April 2000), followed by the July 2002 Columbus Convention, both events hosted by Ztrack Magazine. So the planned Medford convention might be more accurately called the third National Z convention.

      I sometimes do like to split hairs but it is probably okay for MTL to call their convention the "First Annual" convention since the first two did not aspire to create an annual event.

      As far as I know, the only annual event that unites Z scalers at this time is the NMRA National Train Show starting with the 1999 edition in St. Paul, MN. See http://www.val-ease-central.com/files/NTSreports.html for detailed reports from all NTS events.

      I commend MTL for their recognition of the maturing of Z scale and their strong support for the scale and for Z scalers. Note: MTL was the first and most loyal supporter of the Val Ease Central Adventures beginning with the VEC's 12-month display at the Quebec Museum of Civilization.

      I encourage you to consider attending the MTL Z Convention. Knowing Eric Smith, CEO, they will put on an excellent show. I am trying to line up my ducks to be able to attend the event. I will let you know if the fates make it happen.

      Best regards,