March posting

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2009
      Happy Spring, fellow Valeasians,

      It dawned on me that I have not been very active in the posting department over the past month or so (well duh!). So here is an update on goings on around Val Ease County.

      I have been extremely busy over the past year on the personal side of life. Some sense of order has established itself and I am now able to contemplate getting back into action in the model railroading universe.

      I am very well along renovating my house and now have an extremely comfortable office where the "Kofferbahn von Sankt Bartholomë" layout majestically occupies the facing wall to my massive oak desk (a Fall and Winter 2008 refinishing job). I am really looking forward to taking up my executive chair behind the desk where I plan to complete the article and clinic that I had hoped to present at NTS 2009 in Hartford, CT.

      Although I had been accepted to give a clinic in Hartford, I was not healthy enough to complete the text for the December 2008 Convention handbook deadline. As a result I informed the clinic chairperson that I would have to pass on the 2009 convention. The article concept is a good one and I have lots of ideas that I would definitely like to put to paper and as well as photograph. If I can get the creative energy flowing again over the summer I will offer a clinic at the Milwaukee convention in 2010.

      The unusual part of my clinic is that I give it on the train show floor using the two-section KvSB layout as a prop to demonstrate the techniques that I present in the clinic. Unfortunately for the Hartford NTS, I never received news back from the NTS organisers that I had layout space at the train show. I will have to get on their case early for the 2010 train show if I want the clinic and layout demo combo to work out.

      At the moment I do not have any plans to travel to the US in 2009. I have the annual Exporail Train Show in August where I will be serviing the VECRR and running the KvSB for visitors. In October I am signed up to show the KvSB at the annual Ottawa Railfair Train Show.

      I am looking forward to taking some time off from work which has been quite stressful over the past year and has taken a toll on my enthusiasm for model railroading. Things have settled down and I should be able to enjoy some vacation time shortly.

      Hope all is well with all of my model railroading buddies. Take care and I will be talking at you again soon.

      Best,