NTS2007 report with photos

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hello fellow Valeasians,

      I am please to announce that I have put together my NTS 2007 road
      trip report for your enjoyment. Please follow the link below to read
      of Marthe and my adventureZ (well some of them) on the road to
      Detroit and another very successful NMRA National Train Show.

      There is some exciting newZ in the report so make sure that you read
      it all!

      http://www.val-ease-central.com/NTS/2007/2007.html

      I would like to thank Rob Kluz for letting me share some counter top
      space at his booth at NTS. Congratulations to David George for his
      top prize in the NTS Module Competition. It was richly deserved and
      couldn't have been given to a more exemplary Z ambassador.

      NTS2007 is over and NTS2008 in Anaheim is less than 12 months away!
      Marthe and I plan to attend if the fates allow. With the amount of
      talent on the West Coast, there should be some extraordinary modeling
      to enjoy.

      Best regards,
      Jeffrey
    • Don Avila
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007

        The Z community should know that both Andy Sperandeo and Neil Besougloff of Model Railroader came to Mr. Dave’s layout and spent a good 15 to 20 minutes talking with Dave and the crew.  We had a nifty little package that we gave them on Friday afternoon prior to them coming over to whet their interest.  More on that later.

        ...don

      • ztribob
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
          Jeffrey,
          I just got done reading your excellent report on Detroit NTS. As
          always it was a great report that made it seem like I was there (oh,
          I was, wasn't I). It was good seeing you and Marthe again. Also it
          was good to meet Rob and Mr. Dave. I wish I would have had a little
          more free time to get to know everyone better (I had to work on one
          of the HO layouts for the club that I'm in). Anyway, thanks for the
          report and the pictures.
          Bob

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
            Hi Bob,

            I'm glad that you enjoyed the report. I am kicking myself because I
            didn't get a photo of you, my G & Z buddy from Kalamazoo, MI. It was
            terrific seeing you again. I expect that we'll have another meeting in
            Milwaukee in 2010! <grin>

            --- In VECRR@yahoogroups.com, "ztribob" <robert.scherzer@...> wrote:

            > Jeffrey,
            > I just got done reading your excellent report on Detroit NTS. As
            > always it was a great report that made it seem like I was there (oh,
            > I was, wasn't I). It was good seeing you and Marthe again.
          • David George
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
              Don Avila created a P.R. package for the "G ~ B & C C " to capture interest of magazine publishers at the Detroit NTS. He hit the bulls eye with Model Railroader. Neil B. had the Avila Brochure in hand when he and Andy S. came to discuss things with me.
              It may be a while before  a birth article arrives ,,,but ,,,keep the faith.

              Thanks , Don.

              Cordially,

              Mister Dave
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                Hi Dave,

                It sounds like the MR team were completely surrounded! It would really
                have been unfortunate if they had NOT shown up at your layout.
                Birthing of an MR article takes anywhere from 2 to 6 years, yes, 6
                years (from a reliable source). The Z articles have been in the 2.5 -
                3 year range from the moment that they have the article and photos in
                hand.

                I have no doubt that your extraordinary work will grace the pages of
                MR and other magazines. At the rate that you are collecting NMRA
                awards and the professional P.R. approach you and your team have
                adopted, you just may set a new publication record with MR.

                --- In VECRR@yahoogroups.com, "David George" <dgeorge24619@...> wrote:

                > Don Avila created a P.R. package for the "G ~ B & C C " to capture
                interest of magazine publishers

                SNIP

                > It may be a while before a birth article arrives ,,,but ,,,keep the
                faith.

              • David George
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007
                  Jeffrey,
                  I have no high hopes yet for MR publication.
                  I'll do my best, as assisted by you and others,to make the cut.
                  Nice seeing you and Marthe.
                  I just did my first trainstuff unpacking yesterday . We came "flying" back  early- 5:00am -tuesday after driving straight thru from B.G. Ohio. left there 6:00am Monday.
                  Tristan had an abcessed tooth blow up on him. Very painful. I haven't driving a 1100 mile,,no stop trip,,for many years. Being 69 + didn't slow me down.
                  DATired for a few days though.
                  Cordially,
                  Mister dave
                • ztribob