Check out the April new arrivals in the VEC Library

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2007
      Greetings fellow Valeasians and VEC Library patrons,

      You are cordially invited to a sneak preview of two upcoming articles
      from the March-April 2007 issue of Ztrack Magazine.

      Drop by the VEC Library...

      http://www.val-ease-central.com/Library.html

      and click on the "newest arrivals" links.

    • cliff Travis
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2007

        Jeffrey,

        I appreciate your thoughtfulness in sending a preview of the Amherst Show report. I have forwarded it to Vicki who is in Oregon visiting her cousin and that she will be VERY Pleased to receive it.

        I compliment you on your photography and entertaining style of writing.

        I did not like to see the title of your LAST Last Spike as it seems to signal the “end of an Era”.

        I hope that you stay with Z and take advantage of its growing maturity and perhaps undertake the creation of  a mountain Railroad with real hills and curves, Rivers (and think of all of the bridge designs as a challenge).

        At any rate – thanks again- I hope that you will stick around!!

        Regards

        Cliff

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2007
          Greetings Cliff,

          I am very happy that you took a peek at the "Women in Z" article. I
          hope that Vicki will get a kick out of the piece. I believe that it
          is important to tell the stories about the people who contribute to
          our hobby.

          My next "Last Spike" articles are more along the lines of traditional
          model railroading themes. I have 8 titles simmering on the back
          burner so I figure that I am good until end of 2008.

          On the subject of building a new layout, the VEC has fulfilled my
          creative needs. Besides, it has "real" mountains, rivers, lakes,
          curves and several bridges (including a scratch-built wood trestle, a
          kit-bashed steel through-girder, a modified steel arch and two curved
          plate girder units).

          I have enjoyed the many challenges that I tackled with the VEC.
          However, once my goals have been achieved, I like to move on to
          something different. Trouble is, I have a competitive nature. There
          are no more mountains for me to climb in Z. I am committed to working
          on my MMR projects so I'll certainly have a couple of model-making
          tales to share with the Z world in

          Hope you are doing well. Take care,

          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2007
            Greetings fellow Valeasians and VEC Library patrons,

            Due to some Ztrack Magazine editorial sequencing rearrangements, there
            has been a small re-ordering of Library articles. The VEC Library
            menu has been updated to reflect the "as published" article sequence.

            As a result, there is a NEW article for your enjoyment!

            You are cordially invited to explore the 2 articles
            from the March-April 2007 issue of Ztrack Magazine and have a sneak
            peek at the May-June Last Spike (which most of you have already done).

            Last Spike #32: VEC Controls - Wired for FUN! Arrived March-April 2007

            Report from the Amherst BIG Train Show 2007: Women of Z! Arrived
            March-April 2007

            Last Spike #33: AZL delivers GP7 Dream Machine! Coming May-June 2007