1325Re: Ran first train on the new Gardenville Short Line Railroad

    Oct 4, 2011
      Hi Bob,

      Glad to have sent some positive vibes your way.

      This year's building plans for the layout did not include the water features and accessories. Unfortunately, I started surfing my local Kijiji board and found a couple of Koi / garden ponds for a fraction of their retail cost. I allowed temptation to take hold and I blasted through my budget and ordered a 2100 gallon per hour submersible pump, a 1300 gph bio / UV filter canister and a 200 gph fountain pump from Pond World.

      As a result, I will have 3 ponds and the hardware for the fountains in hand within 10 days. Unfortunately, I still need decorative rocks, a cubic yard of sand, planting soil, medium size river rocks and much more in order to finish the landscaping around the ponds. My Fall 2011 budget will not permit the cost of this material unless I find a very cheap supply.

      I have a long list of tasks to complete in the shed to keep me busy until the cold weather settles in.