Historical Site on Immigration to Liberia (Virginia Emigrants to Liberia)

  • Charles S. Neal, III
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2008
      Rupel,

      Thank you for spreading the news about Virginia Emigrants to Liberia.

      Here is the press release about the website and launch:
      http://www.vcdh.virginia.edu/

      And here is the website itself:
      http://www.vcdh.virginia.edu/liberia

      We do indeed hope that it will encourage more historical research and writing on the topic on both sides of the Atlantic.

      Yours sincerely,
      Deborah
      Deborah A Lee, PhD
      Historian
      Purcellville, Virginia
      deborahalee@...

      On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Rupel Marshall <rupelmarshall@...> wrote:
      Greetings,

      Please visit this site.  One of you or an organization you are associated with could benefit from it.  I am acquianted with Marie Tyler-McGraw (PhD) and Deborah Lee (PhD).  They are very interested in developing the history further and helping Liberian organizations as would be possible. One possibility is for anyone interested in further research on this history project, especially one with a terminal degree or working towards one in history and preferable reside in the Virginia, DC, Maryland areas could get a grant with their help.

      Rupel