This seems to be too much reading; but for Christ's sake please read and be blessed.

  • Jackson, Hannah
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2007

      Christmas is celebrated in Heaven and on Earth

      As Christians prepare for Christmas the celebration of Jesus Christ’s birth this year, religious people all over the world are continuing to argue that Christ was not born on   December 25, and that the birth of Christ should not be celebrated on that day.

      For the first three centuries of Christianity, Christmas wasn’t in December, or on the calendar anywhere.  If observed at all, the celebration of Christ’s birth was usually joined with Epiphany(January 6), one of the church’s earliest established feasts.

      But as early as 273 AD(after the death of Christ), Western Christians had decided on December 25 to celebrate the birth of Jesus. The December date for the holiday probably arose from a desire to provide an alternative to the Roman "birthday of the unconquered sun" and the Persian birthday of Mithras, both of which were celebrated on or around Winter. These birthdays were all pagan celebrations.   A Christian writer explained in 320 AD:  We hold this day holy, not like the pagans because of the birth of the sun, but because of Him who made the Sun

      Many Christian scholars just could not determine the exact date for Christ’s birthday.  The Eastern church celebrated Christ’s birth and baptism on January 6 until the middle of the 5th century, when the December date for Christmas was adopted there as well and Jesus’ baptism was celebrated on January 6.  An exception to the December date is the Armenian Church, which continues to commemorate both the birth and baptism of Christ on January 6.

      The Book of Luke, chapter 2, says that God sent His angels to proclaim this message to the shepherds (please read the chapter).

      The very day of Christ’s birth is declared as a day of “good tidings and great joy” in Scripture.  And it is God Almighty who sent the angels to declare it.

      Christ’s birth is a prophecy of great joy to all people.  What annoys people of other religions and some Sabbatharians(those churches who worship on Saturdays) is that Christ’s birthday causes people on every continent of the world to sing “Glory to God in the Highest!, “The Hallelujah Chorus!”, “Joy to the world!”, “Our Saviour is born, etc.”  And now, the scripture is fulfilled as promised, “great joy shall be to all people!”

      The GREAT JOY is for all people, on the day of Christ’s birth.  That is why Christians celebrate the Great Joy along with all people….the birth of Christ the Lord.  Not only was it to be “Good tidings for Great Joy FOR ALL PEOPLE”, but the angels also rejoiced, praising God (Luke 2:13)!

      Instead of rejoicing with the angels and all people, on this day, some have decided to rather make up excuses why Christ’s birth should not be celebrated, though scripture says quite the contrary.

      God is the creator of all things.  Jesus Christ is also the creator of all things(knowing that He is in His Father, and His Father is in Him)….that means, all the days of the weeks, all the weeks of the months, and all the months of the year.  Colossians 1:16 says, “For by Him were all things created, that are in Heaven, and that are in earth.

      It is not the pagans who own the days; it is Christ who owns all days.  The pagans misused the days, and Christ returned the days, which were abused, back to the rightful Owner, GOD Himself.

      Although Christian scholars have not figured out the exact date of Christ’s birth, because God created all things, as well as the days, weeks, months, and year, we who are heirs of God’s kingdom with Christ can celebrated our Savior, Jesus Christ’s birthday anytime, any day, and any month we want as we please!.

      As we prepare to celebrate Christmas, please be reminded to put CHRIST in the celebration. Christmas is not about exchanging gifts with each other, partying.  This is about praising God for sending Jesus our Lord and Savior, who came on earth and died for our sins, and is gone to Heaven to prepare for you, and me a place where we will live in joy and happiness forever, if we live as Christ wants us to live on earth.

      Do something that you have not done for someone this Christmas who’s not related to you.  Christmas is about GIVING.  There are people at the shelters who need anything to make their day(warm clothing, food, personal things for their bodies, etc.).  There are people who are sick and at home or in the hospitals.  There are others who are shut in prisons who need a message of good hope.  Can you at least give someone a Bible this Christmas?  In Romans 13:9 Jesus says: we must do as is written in Ten Commandments, and "We shall love our neighbor as ourselves."

      There are children who would love to receive gifts from you.  I am sure there are children who do not have any warm clothing for Winter in our community.  There are children inLiberia , the Caribbean , etc. who need JOY this Christmas.  There are children in the hospitals, and other places who would love your touch, or love to hear you sing about the birth of our Lord and Savior.  Can you remember and bless them with a gift, song, etc this Christmas?  For as much as you do it to the children, you do it to Christ.  If you bless them, Christ our Savior will bless you.

      May you be blessed this day in all that you do, remembering that…

                                                                              Merry Christmas!

                      Christ is the Reason for the Season!

                                          Let us rejoice!

    • Rupel Marshall
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2007
        Thank you for the Christmas writeup. I think of you all the time. Our chapter sent yours an invitation to its installation on Dec. 9, would you be coming? God willing, I leave for Liberia on Dec. 16.
        Rupel

        >>> hannah.jackson@... 12/06/07 09:35AM >>>

        <http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/holidays/christmas.htm#9#9>

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2007
          Nope;

          I haven't received any invitation.

          So, you will spend Christmas in Liberia?

          I pray all is well

          Hannah

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2007
            Hannah, please call Hawa and ask her if she got the letter of invitation and if she and a delegation are coming? It would be a joy to see you. If you can come next Sunday even if an official delegation is not coming I will send you the infor (address and time). Thanks for the prayers.

            >>> hannah.jackson@... 12/06/07 12:35PM >>>

            forChrist's sake please read and be blessed.

            Thank you for the Christmas writeup. I think of you all the
            time. Our chapter sent yours an invitation to its installation on Dec.
            9, would you be coming? God willing, I leave for Liberia on Dec. 16.
            Rupel

            >>> hannah.jackson@... <mailto:hannah.jackson%40eds.com>
            12/06/07 09:35AM >>>