Re: [V4Protocol] Mode for logging?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2011
      V4 always uses 4FSK (one tone out of 4 possible for 2 bits per symbol).  Unlike WINMOR it does not do mode shifting. Its goal is to provide the most robust mechanism that fits into 200 Hz and supports modest typing speed (40-50 WPM).

      I am working on a new release that uses interleaving for some significant improvement in robustness and including ARQ.  I may release the Interleaved version before the ARQ.  The only problem is we will all have to switch over to the latest version.  The interlaced version is not compatible with the current version on the reflector.  Interleaving creates a significant improvement on multipath and fading channels like we see on HF. It has no benefit (or harm) on white noise channels.

      I hope to make an announcement of the new version this week.

      Rick Muething, KN6KB