Re: [V4Protocol] OK WHAT ELSE?

  • Andy obrien
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2010
      Ed, start with the assumption you are setting things up correctly BUT PTT is not working for most of us.  First, change the mode to "FEC", set your rig to VOX, then send the CW ID.  If that goes out to the world, then type a CQ message in the lower-right hand window, hit enter and it will send.  To get fancy, click on USER FILE and create a small test CW message as a .txt file or even a small brag file.  That way, you can at least send CQ without having to type it each time.

      ANdy K3UK

      On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Ed Woods WD9DVA <wd9dva@...> wrote:

      We downloaded and installed the software. Got a Sound ard TNC & waterfall. Put that in hide and have a screen V4 Chat Ver 0110. We set this in the HAM mode only. If I knew a freq to go to, whats next? We have not EVER mess with the keyboard, other than pactor. You guys mention typing at 50-60 wpm, your kidding. Tried the CW ID thought it might xmitt a signal. It didn't, but we heard the id and also the tone test. Our interface is rigblaster plus. Will that be an issue? Whats freqs are used. We set this up as we did RMS Winmor, that works. Please give me some guide lines like "V 4 for Dummies". 73 Ed WD9DVA