RE: [V4Protocol] FT-450 control

  • Peter Martinsen
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2011
      Hi Ian

      Mni tnx for the mail !

      I cant use Fldigi. Fldigi does not have OmniRig support !

      But I am ready for an Amtor ARQ qso any time ;-)

      73 de Peter OZ1PMX (OPMX)

      http://www.mymorninglight.org/ham/psk.htm
       http://www.oliviamode.com/index.htm

      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      From: g3nrw@...
      Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 06:09:30 +0100
      Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] FT-450 control

      From: Pete Ferrand <petef@...>
      Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 Time: 15:20:37

      >I have used ARQ with AMTOR years ago and I miss it, I think it will be
      >great improvement when you get it going, a great improvement over
      >PSK31.

      Hi Pete

      Agreed. Yes, it will be interesting to try V4 when Rick has implemented
      ARQ.

      However, are you aware of PSKmail?

      http://www.pskmail.org/

      This supports ARQ on top of fldigi, and is particularly interesting
      because the system adapts to band noise and conditions -- connections
      can start off at high speed PSK, but then switch automatically to a
      lower speed, or even to an entirely different mode, when the going gets
      harder.

      Despite its name, PSKmail isn't just for reliable mail transfer -- it
      also has an ARQ chat mode.

      PSKmail is well established, and already does well what I suspect Rick
      is trying to do. I think you'll find PSKmail is worth a look.

      Ian, G3NRW

      The TS-590S Resources Page:
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

    • Pete Ferrand
      Message 2 of 13 , May 4, 2011

        Hi Rick:

        You can download the CAT manual from the Yaesu site at:

        http://yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=102&encProdID=870B3CA7CFCB61E6A599B0EFEA2217E4&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

        Then just click on the Files section. I tried the 450 and 950 selection on V4 without success.

        73,

        -Pete

        Message 3 of 13 , May 4, 2011

          Yes, it does, thanks for suggesting it. I didn't think it worked that way but I must have misread the manual the first time. I don't like to use VOX and I have to change the settings from the other operations but it does work. Worked my first V4 QSO tonight as well.

          -Pete

          WB2QLL

          ON THE FT450, DOESN'T THE DATA VOX RESPOND TO AUDIO COMMING IN ON THE DATA PORT?? I THINK IT WORKS THE SAME AS MY TS480.

          To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
          From: rmuething@...
          Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:50:42 -0400