Help Files

  • tongyham25
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2011
      I can't open the Help Files of V4 CHAT nor V4 Sound Card TNC. Running XP 32 bit. I checked the Properties and the Help files are not blocked.
      Anyone?
      Tnx,
      George WB0ZYU
    • Ted Trostle
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2011
        It would seem to me that the V4 zip did not fully unzip and/or that the set up parameters are not correct. The TNC should be there everytime. I would remove and unzip it and run it's "setup" file.

        --
        You cannot change history, but you can make history!
        Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.

      • George Dunn
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2011
          Ted,
          I removed V4 Chat etc and reloaded it (unzipped). Same experience, unable to access Help. I went into Windows Explorer and tried to open the V4Chat Help files and got a popup. Connot open the file mk:@MSITStore:C:\V4CHAT\V4 tnc Help.chm.  Now What?
          Thanks,
          George
        • tongyham25
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24, 2011
            To All,
            Downloaded the files to a different PC. Help files working fine. Must be a larger problem with my HF PC. Sorry to have bothered you.
            Thanks and 73's
            George
            WB0ZYU
          • tongyham25
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
              I can't open the HELP Files. Running XP. IE. 8

              Thanks,
              George
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
                You have them blocked in your computer. Use Explorer (not internet explorer) or my computer and browse to the help file.  Right click and change the permissions to allow opening.

                Rick KN6KB
                Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:56 PM
                Subject: [V4Protocol] Help Files