Re: Getting Started: Frequencies?

  • rich3x
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 13, 2011
      Thanks all for responding. Seems like 7073 and 14103 are the sweet spots! Now all I need to do is figure out how to call CQ and how to establish a QSO. Will sit on 14103 all day today Wed 4/13 see what happens.

      de Rich/N2JR FM18 Va.

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 13, 2011
        I just called cq on 14.103 but you may be inside my skip zone @ 480 miles. 40M would prob work better.

        Thanks all for responding. Seems like 7073 and 14103 are the sweet spots! Now all I need to do is figure out how to call CQ and how to establish a QSO. Will sit on 14103 all day today Wed 4/13 see what happens.

        de Rich/N2JR FM18 Va.

        > I call CQ on 7.073 and 14.073 every once and a while let me know if you have a specific time in mind. I have not had a contact using V4 yet.

      • Ron Werthman
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 13, 2011
          Ottawa ont canada.  VA3ACZ

          I call CQ on 7.073 and 14.073 every once and a while let me know if you have a specific time in mind. I have not had a contact using V4 yet.

          Would someone pse pass along the HF freqs being used for V4 mode.

          Thanks, Rich/N2JR

        • Howard
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 19, 2011
            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Werthman <ron_werthman@...> wrote:

            > Ottawa ont canada. VA3ACZ
            >
            > ________________________________

            There is no real active use of the application at the moment it seems. The protocol is really an FEC mode which doesn't have ARQ capability. It was in use for a while, then slowly died off while we waited for the issue of a new and improved program.

            I just received my QST today, and found an announcement about Rick and a short overview of the protocol and how to join this group and download the program. As yet, I have not seen the next upgrade but it probably won't be long now before it appears.

            Otherwise, go into the file section and download the full install to get your feet wet. The two frequencies mentioned are as good as any. I'd just post your intentions here with whatever frequency listed that you want to use at the moment and then monitor for a connection.

            Howard W6IDS
            Richmond, IN EM79NV
          • Ian Wade G3NRW
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 19, 2011
              From: rich3x <rh3x@...>
              Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 Time: 14:37:47

              >Thanks all for responding. Seems like 7073 and 14103 are the sweet
              >spots! Now all I need to do is figure out how to call CQ and how to
              >establish a QSO. Will sit on 14103 all day today Wed 4/13 see what
              >happens.
              >
              >de Rich/N2JR FM18 Va.

              Hi Rich

              The place to go to arrange skeds is:

              http://www.obriensweb.com/sked/index.php?page=digital

              Ian, G3NRW

              The TS-590S Resources Page:
              http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm
            • Ron Werthman
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 20, 2011
                Now. Been calling cq on 14.073 for a few hours now.

                Sent from my iPod

                On 2011-04-19, at 7:32 PM, "Howard" <w6ids@...> wrote:

                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Werthman <ron_werthman@...> wrote:

                > Ottawa ont canada. VA3ACZ
                >
                > ________________________________

              • Robert Belize
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 21, 2011
                  I would love to test the 200Hz ARQ mode.
                  Rick, please let us know...say something...please...
                  Robert V31AE

                  --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Howard" <w6ids@...> wrote:

                  > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Ron Werthman <ron_werthman@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Ottawa ont canada. VA3ACZ
                  > >
                  > > ________________________________

                • Ted Trostle
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 22, 2011
                    I finally got V4 working with my Flex 3000 and would like to do some QSO tests. I am in central PA so 7073 will probably be OK

                    Email me direct please.

                    Ted, WB2LOU

                    --
                    You cannot change history, but you can make history!
                    Education is the only legal cure for stupidity.

                  • Ron Werthman
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 22, 2011
                      I will be monotoring 7.073 on and off for the rest of the day.  If you send email with a time I will monitor more closely at that time.