Re: [V4Protocol] Re: is group still active

  • Ed Woods WD9DVA
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 2, 2011

      I'm pretty faithful abt 7073, go there hang out, make a few calls and nada, I wonder also. 73 Ed WD9DVA
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 3, 2011

        Rick, we are sorry to hear of your Father's failing health. When he's gone, thats it. Be with him as much as possible. Sit next to him and talk to him. He'll kow your there.Let him know whats going on in your life. Read the paper or a bible to him. But spend the time. God bless, 73 Ed WD9DVA
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 26, 2011
          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "kb5xe" <kb5xe@...> wrote:

          > Have seen nothing since around the 13th of January..........
          >
          > Owen KB5XE

          Hi all,

          have not heard any V4 signals at all until now. Blame it on the

          propagation...

          But will be watching out for it especially on weekends.

          73 de Edgar, DL5MCQ
        • segwin
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011
            What does that mean Dave?

            Terry / K8TJM

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "David Bastress" <bastress@...> wrote:

            > GM Owen,
            >
            > I think everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
            >
            > Dave K3GAU

          • Kirk, K6KAR
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011

              Terry,

              ARQ

              Kirk, K6KAR

              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011

                Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:21 AM

                Terry,

                ARQ

                Kirk, K6KAR

                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011
                  GM Rick,

                  Sorry to hear about your father being in hospice.   My mother was with hospice for a short while before she passed.  Overall the hospice folks were nice and really helped.

                  Your father comes before ham radio programing any day.

                  Dave K3GAU

                  Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:21 AM

                  Terry,

                  ARQ

                  Kirk, K6KAR

                  > I think everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
                  >
                  > Dave K3GAU

                • David Bastress
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011
                    Terry,

                    Basically, it means that we are waiting for the next event or thing to happen in the development of V4 which is the release of the ARQ mode version as someone else has already said. :-)

                    Dave K3GAU

                    >>> "segwin" <tjmccann@...> 1/27/2011 7:17 AM >>>

                    What does that mean Dave?

                    Terry / K8TJM

                    --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "David Bastress" <bastress@...> wrote:

                    > GM Owen,
                    >
                    > I think everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
                    >
                    > Dave K3GAU

                  • Owen Mitchell
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011
                      Sorry to hear about you father, Rick.

                      We all wish the best.

                      Owen KB5XE

                      Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:21 AM

                      Terry,

                      ARQ

                      Kirk, K6KAR

                      > I think everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
                      >
                      > Dave K3GAU

                    • kb1tce
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011

                        My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It's a tough situation. We've been through it with my parents and we see the same in the not distant future for my wife's parents.

                        Steve, KB1TCE

                        > All,
                        >
                        > I am very busy now handling my father now in Hospice. I should have the ARQ mode out in a couple of weeks.
                        >
                        > Rick KN6KB

                      • Dr Fred Hambrecht
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011

                          God bless Rick. We have added you and him to our prayer list.

                          73

                          Fred W4JLE

                          I am very busy now handling my father now in Hospice.  I should have the ARQ mode out in a couple of weeks.

                          Rick KN6KB

                        • Robert Mitchell
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011
                            You only have one father.  Forget ARQ for the time being.  We will all understand.  Good luck.
                            Bob
                            N7DHV

                            Sent from my iPad

                            Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:21 AM

                            Terry,

                            ARQ

                            Kirk, K6KAR

                            > I think everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
                            >
                            > Dave K3GAU

                          • Mike Liller
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 27, 2011
                              Our prayers are with you and your family Rick.

                              73de
                              Mike Liller, N7NMS
                              ARRL Maryland/DC Section, Assistant SEC

                              Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:21 AM

                              Terry,
                              ARQ
                              Kirk, K6KAR
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011

                                Thanks to all those who have expressed their thoughts and prayers.  My father (91) passed away peacefully Thursday evening after a long bout with Alzheimer’s.  As things settle back down I’ll be able to spend some time on ham radio again and look forward to it as needed therapy.

                                Again thank you all for your kind prayers and comments.

                                73,

                                Rick Muething, KN6KB
                              • Bob Jones
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011
                                  Hi Rick,

                                  Sorry for your loss.It is very difficult to watch a loved one go through the stages of Alzheimer’s. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

                                  Bob
                                  W4LCS/AAR4LB

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011

                                    I can relate to what you and your family have and are going through.  Five years ago, my Dad (K6TMX) went through the same conditions although, it was diagnosed as old age dementia.  What made it doubly difficult is that my Mom had to handle the pain of it all as we have been out of the area (NW Florida) for a number of years.  Although I made trips out there (southern California), it wasn’t like being there on a day to day basis.  The bottom line is that it was a very difficult period for all of us.  About a year later I had to again make frequent trips out to California to care for my Mom.  Then, she also passed away.  To say it was a tough time is an understatement.  The pain of it all is still very fresh in my mind.

                                    My best to you Rick.

                                    73,

                                    Kirk, K6KAR

                                    Niceville, FL

                                    P.S.  My 17 year old daughter (Erin) as an Extra Class, now holds my Dad’s old call.

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011
                                      Sorry for your loss, Rick

                                      On 1/29/2011 9:54 AM, Kirk, K6KAR wrote:

                                      > 73,
                                      >

                                      > Rick Muething, KN6KB

                                    • R. Ian Renton
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011
                                        Rick:
                                        Please take your time with family matters. That is what's really important. The rest can wait.
                                        I hope you also can find some peace in your father's passing.
                                        My very best wishes to you and yours.
                                        Ian Renton
                                        W4RIR
                                        On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Rick Muething <rmuething@...> wrote:

                                        Thanks to all those who have expressed their thoughts and prayers.  My father (91) passed away peacefully Thursday evening after a long bout with Alzheimer’s.  As things settle back down I’ll be able to spend some time on ham radio again and look forward to it as needed therapy.

                                        Again thank you all for your kind prayers and comments.

                                        73,

                                        Rick Muething, KN6KB

                                      • John Hirth
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011

                                          Please accept my heartfelt condolence. After more than 30 years without
                                          him I still think of my father every day. He'll always be with you and
                                          your family.

                                          John W2KI
                                        • ivor barrett
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011
                                               Sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. The heavenly Father knows best and I am sure he had a FULL and GREAT life based on his age. My deepest condolences to  you and your family.

                                            73
                                            Ivor - KJ4YDW

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011
                                              Rick. Been away a couple of days. My deepest condolances with your father. Skip Winmor and V-4 for now until it becomes valuable for YOU.

                                              Do what else you have to do. I have a kind of feeling what you're into at the time beeing.
                                              Father passed away 25 years ago, and mom is now closing into 95.

                                              U're in my prayers.

                                              73. Finn/LA7UM

                                              > Thanks to all those who have expressed their thoughts and prayers. My father (91) passed away peacefully Thursday evening after a long bout with Alzheimer’s. As things settle back down I’ll be able to spend some time on ham radio again and look forward to it as needed therapy.
                                              >
                                              > Again thank you all for your kind prayers and comments.
                                              >
                                              > 73,
                                              >
                                              > Rick Muething, KN6KB

                                            • KI4TJY
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jan 29, 2011
                                                    Condolences.  Words are never sufficient at times like this.  Just know our prayers for your father, you and your family.
                                                Bruce
                                                KI4TJY

                                                Sent from my iPad

                                                On Jan 29, 2011, at 9:11 AM, "Rick Muething" <rmuething@...> wrote:

                                                Thanks to all those who have expressed their thoughts and prayers.  My father (91) passed away peacefully Thursday evening after a long bout with Alzheimer’s.  As things settle back down I’ll be able to spend some time on ham radio again and look forward to it as needed therapy.

                                                Again thank you all for your kind prayers and comments.

                                                73,

                                                Rick Muething, KN6KB

                                              • Jon Maguire