Re: [V4Protocol] What's happened

  • Phil Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
      "Many casually associate the “quality” of the signal with its strength....one factor but path distortions (multipath, doppler etc) are actually more critical than just signal strength."

      Could not have said the above better myself.  Everyone to burn the above in to the middle of their forehead.

      Then....go buy a mirror from the local market...philw de ka1gmn

    • John Hirth
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
        Thanks for again sharing your plans for FEC and ARQ. As I said in
        closing, I'll quietly (and gladly) stand by as we try to help your
        efforts, however meagerly.

        73, John W2KI
      • W6IDS
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
          Happy New Year Rick, to you and yours.

          Yes, the chat FEC seems quite stable to me per se.  You don't need to wrap
          the ARQ in ribbons or wrap or anything.  Just put it where the tree was and
          then step back out of the way.

          Howard W6IDS
          Richmond, IN Em79NV

          <tapping fingers, glancing at watch - AGAIN!>