Re: [V4Protocol] No PTT

  • Andy obrien
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 4, 2010
      I tried BOTH options, using PTT radio command AND PTT via serial port.

      I'll send the INI file

      Andy K3UK

      On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Rick Muething <rmuething@...> wrote:

      Are you controlling using a separate PTT serial port or the radio via a PTT command?  Can you send me your V4Chat.ini file and I’ll take a look. Send it directly to rmuethingATcfl.rr.com

      Rick

      Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 1:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] No PTT

      In my case PTT is via COM port (USB->RS232) on COM10 both DTR and RTS enabled.

      Rig is a TS-480, Express and RMS Winmor work to this rig with same settings. If you need more info let me know.

      On 12/4/2010 11:59 AM, Rick Muething wrote:

      All,

      Those having PTT problems....YOU MUST explain which of the four possible PTT methods you are using and your setup.

      1) PTT via VOX operated relay in the sound card interface (e.g. Signal Link)
      2) PTT via VOX using the transmitter’s built in VOX tripped from the audio
      3) PTT via a dedicated serial control port using the RTS or DTR signals (this might be through the sound card interface)
      4) PTT via a serial command to the radio (supported on some radios)  This is the same port that does radio frequency and mode control.

      I didn’t have the facilities here to check all these out.

      Rick KN6KB

      Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 12:40 PM
      Subject: [V4Protocol] No PTT

      Using the exact same settings that I use successfully with Winmor, I am not achieving any PTT with V4.  Anyone else using a Kenwood TS-2000 and have PTT working.  Nice to see a few stations testing on 14073 via the sked page

      Andy K3UK

      --
      Dennis Gabler AAR7DG/W5DG
      Adel, IA.

    • Ron Wenig
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 5, 2010
        Actually, it's alpha testing and I am enjoying it.  Just trying to give some input.

        73, Ron ny3j

        On 12/5/2010 1:21 AM, Matt Zilmer wrote:

        Just found the same thing here.

        You're not losing your mind, you are just a beta tester.  Comes with the territory.  Learn to enjoy it!

        matt W6NIA

        To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        From: rwenig@...
        Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 00:26:03 -0500

        I'm not sure if I'm loosing my mind but I think I know how I got the PTT working.  Maybe somebody else can verify this.

        When I first start V4Chat, after I click FEC mode, I can't send any text that I type in the transmit buffer because the PTT doesn't work.

        If I copy and paste text in the tranmit buffer and hit enter the PTT is activated for that transmission and anything else after.  If I close and reopen the program I have to go through the same sequence to get the PTT to work.  Can anyone else duplicate this and let me know I'm not crazy.

        Ron ny3j

        On 12/4/2010 7:26 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:

        Rick,

        I have no idea how but the PTT just started to work.  You not only have a great program but it's magic :-)

        I was on 7080 just playing around and waiting to hear a qso when I hit enter and I transmitted.  Russ, NC5O, was on frequency and we chatted.  Very cool and I'm not shutting off the computer so I don't loose the settings.

        Ron ny3j

        On 12/4/2010 1:55 PM, Rick Muething wrote:

        Ron,
        I am not going to try and tackle this for the flex until we get it fixed for the other radios.  I think I picked up an old rev of the radio control class but it will take some digging to find out the real problem.

        Rick

        I have a Flex 3000 and I'm sorry for throwing a complicated setup to the group so early in the V4 Chat life.

        Same setup as RMS Express.  I'm using Virtual Audio Cable which is working, at least I'm seeing the waterfall and get a green TNC.

        For PTT and Radio Control I'm using com0com which is working in RMS Express.  Com 6 which translates to Com 16 for control and Com 7 which translate to Com 17 for PTT. RTS and DTR selected with 56K buad.   I selected Flex for the radio.  I don't see any errors in the logs.

        No PTT in two tone test or transmitting text.

        73, Ron ny3j