Missed frames?

  • w2ki
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
      Is it just me, or is anyone else seeing more totally missed frames lately?

      There are times when signals are strong and scores good, but some frames seem to be dropped completely whereas earlier on I saw more frames with red strikethrough.

      I am now running 0160, but had the same feeling in the last version or so.

      (BTW I am now running in "half duplex" mode to eliminate the echo of bits of my own outgoing text. Not from Monitor mode in the radio, as it's there even with it off, so any incoming echo must be from the SignaLink USB. I wonder if "half duplex" might be a cause of missed frames. I'll have to do more testing.)

      73, John W2KI
    • Ron Wenig
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
        John,

        Thanks for the QSO on 20 meters today.  I have duplex set and I don't get an echo of my transmissions.  I only get the echo if I turn on the monito feature of my radio, Flex 3000.

        I also noticed missed frames instead of text with errors with red strikethrough like other versions.

        73, Ron ny3j

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
          John,

          The full duplex won’t change the decoding... There have been changes and I may have made too aggressive an adjustment.  Right now I am evaluating some changes but testing over several hundred frames at low S/N levels on poor channels.

          Rick KN6KB

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
            Understood, Rick. Thanks for all your hard work!

            73, John W2KI
          • Matt Zilmer
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
              I'm on 10144.5 USB, CQing....

              W6NIA
              Upland, CA.

            • Phil Williams
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                Still on 10144.5?...philw de ka1gmn

                On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Matt Zilmer <mzilmer@...> wrote:

                I'm on 10144.5 USB, CQing....

                W6NIA
                Upland, CA.

                --
                Philw de KA1GMN
              • Matt Zilmer
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                  Was, but went to 17m.  I'll be back there on 10144 (around there) in a couple minutes..

                  matt W6NIA

                  To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                  From: ka1gmn@...
                  Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:28:13 -0600
                  Subject: Re: [V4Protocol] Anyone up to try 30m V4?

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                    Ok Matt.  Not sure how the prop is to the West for me this time of day, but I am willing to give it a spin...philw de ka1gmn

                    To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                    From: ka1gmn@...
                    Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:28:13 -0600

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                      Think I heard you...let me get tuned up.

                      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                      From: ka1gmn@...
                      Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:28:13 -0600

                        From: ka1gmn@...
                        Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:28:13 -0600

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                          Ok, on a short dipole now...philw
                        • Phil Williams
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                            Sorry Matt.  Looks like conditions are not there yet for out path.  Maybe we should try again this evening?

                            Philw de KA1GMN
                          • Chuck
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                              Sorry Phil, I probably held up Matt too long... He had a great V4 Signal into Washington State on 30 Meters.

                              73, Chuck, WA7BRL

                              Sorry Matt. Looks like conditions are not there yet for out path. Maybe we should try again this evening?

                              Philw de KA1GMN
                            • Dick Lamberson
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                                I'm sitting on 10144.00 and calling cq at 1:30 p.m. 12/19

                                From: ka1gmn@...
                                Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:28:13 -0600

                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                                  Hi Phil,

                                  I saw you pop up while WA7BRL and I were in QSO.  But the path was not so good.

                                  BRL and I had a 30 minute Q, a good one.  This mode rocks!

                                  73,
                                  matt W6NIA

                                  To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: ka1gmn@...
                                  Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:21:08 -0600

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 19, 2010
                                    Great!  Well that is encouraging Chuck.  30 meters is a favorite band of mine.  I usually don't get a good path until much later in the evening, so will listen then....philw de ka1gmn