Sucessful test

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2010
      Just completed a successful test between two of my stations. I plan to get my MARS guys involved for further testing on our South Carolina net.
      This will work well on our designated frequencies. I am hoping that multi-path problems suffered by other modes are a thing of the past.

      Thanks Rick
      Fred W4JLE/NNN0GBS
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2010
        Good Fred,

        For really weak signal or gnarly multi path the ARQ mode will be better...It keeps on banging (up to 10 repeats) to get the frames through. I should have that working next week. At least the installs are worked (I had lots of problems with that over the past 4 days!)

        I had one partial contact with excellent constellations but he had trouble hearing me....My 20 meter ant was showing lots of SWR so???

        Rick

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2010
          I can't get it to key the rig. Express works fine with same settings.

          Will continue to pursue.

          On 12/4/2010 11:15 AM, Rick Muething wrote:
          Good Fred,

          For really weak signal or gnarly multi path the ARQ mode will be better...It keeps on banging (up to 10 repeats) to get the frames through. I should have that working next week. At least the installs are worked (I had lots of problems with that over the past 4 days!)

          I had one partial contact with excellent constellations but he had trouble hearing me....My 20 meter ant was showing lots of SWR so???

          Dennis Gabler AAR7DG/W5DG
          Adel, IA.
          http://army.iowamars.org
          ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800, and COML-T certified