V4 in prespective of Band With usage and manned stations.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010
      Hi all. Rick an V4 project is really into some very positive issues.
      Talking K2K: P3 abt 2400hz and Winm 1600hz would be a qrm idling machine. A huge waste of BW.
      Even Winm 500hz (abt 450 hz) also needing kind of a cars (B)road Band quality.

      Pactor 1,2 Gtor, worked very well within the Icom 350hz special narrow band filters, IF!!! you tuned right on target. I have done that with great success over and over again. Years ago.

      What is V4 offering: 1. Solid FEC-protected broadcast. 2 Even ARQ error free mode K2K, including canned Brag files, standard 127 ASCII and by chose a full UTF-8 Key for for at least the rest of EU set, maybe more, I don't know.

      All this within a narrow "forest path" foot print of 200hz, NOT a Motor Way BW for file transfers, but a posibillity to commuinicate as quick as can be expected on a key board. Also changing from ISS to IRS in a quick, or "slick" way, as Rick is formulating it.
      This mode may hopefully work within the narrowest 250hz CW filters on all rigs, old or new. USB AND!!! LSB can be used, so those filters can be invoked.
      Those filtere NEVER WORKED with amtor or pactor for me, only cw. Never tried PSK31 with them.

      Please let us get information on this issue also along this testing lane.

      YES. This is quite something we all really should look forward to.

      AND as MANNED STATIONS there are a lot of wider spectrums available than the unmaned only WL2K have to their disposal.

      But I concur with MARC. The WINMOR LEFTOVER UNSOLVED ISSSUES ARE NOT FORGOTTEN by some of the server drifters. Hi.

      73. And again GOOD LUCK, (with both)
      La7um Finn