22 November Testing from UK

  • m0dki
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2013
      I will have my station available today for any one interested in doing some testing. I have not yet found anyone to have a QSO but would like to encourage the adoption of this mode. I will be monitoring 14.073 today. I also run a WSPR beacon fairly often.

      My QTH is in the most south westerly corner of the UK and typically offers great transatlantic opportunities.

      Email me on m0dki@... or kf6uiy@...

      73s

      Ross
    • Peter Martinsen
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2013

        Is it V4Chat 1.0.4.0 or Chat 0.2.1.0 or something else ?

        73 de OZ1PMX Peter

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 22, 2013

          Peter,

          Two different protocols…Both are on the Yahoo V4Protocol FTP site.

          1)      V4 is a few years old…It uses Viterbi encoded 4FSK and operates FEC or ARQ  the Host program is V4Chat.

          2)      H4 (Hamming encoded 4FSK) is new… still in beta.  Currently FEC only but ARQ is in development.  Host program is Chat.  The objectives of H4:

                          Lower latency than PSK, Olivia, V4…about 200-300 ms vs 3-4 seconds for V4.

                          Narrow band (200 Hz @ -26 db)

                          Strong FEC  (shortened 8:4 distance 3 Hamming encoding with soft minimal distance decoding)

                          Streamlined ARQ (in process)  for low latency typing in ARQ mode.

                          Automatic ARQ CQ, ARQ Connect simplify initial connection.

                          Supports full international character sets:  ASCII (7 bit), ASCII Latin-1 (8 bit), UTF-8 (8 or 16 bit)

          I developed both modes as well as WINMOR used in several clients.  Your comments and feedback welcome.

          Rick Muething, KN6KB