28230 MHz Beaconing CQ

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2013
      28230 MHz Beaconing CQ

    • w4wnt
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2013

        Calling CQ on 28230 at 1830Z 10-29-13.  Anyone around?

        Bill, W4WNT in FM03, NC

        ---In v4protocol@yahoogroups.com, <va7dgp@...> wrote:

        28230 MHz Beaconing CQ

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2013

            I went up there around 2345Z just to test out the program for
            myself.

            I found 28120.000 alive and busting out with PSK31 – it seems the band
            was open.  As I was tuning from 28050 up and through 28230, I lost
            count of all the AM activity that was alive and kicking as well.  It was a
            virtual DX band opening for the CB crowd.  Strong signals (amps not
            withstanding obviously) and plenty, plenty stations abound.

            In so far as our Chat activity is concerned, for planning purposes,
            I’d say that we’ve truly lost control of the 10m band and it’s not clear
            to me what our own activity may be like insofar as coexistence with
            CBers is concerned.  They’re operating in our midst with no fear.

            BTW, there’s a W7PFI 10 meter beacon really close to 28230.000
            which could be an issue.  The station has a legitimate purpose
            there.

            Howard W6IDS
            Richmond, IN