Beacon/CQ of F1ABL

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 23, 2013

      Captured CQ and Beacon of F1ABL  [JN24af] in Chat log  08:40 UTC Oct 23.  From KN6KB [EL98pf] on 10123.00 MHz. Power? Antenna?

    • MICHEL F1ABL
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 23, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 314 KB
      Rick thanks for report see you only one time see the screen shoot
      my text beacon is exactly: BEACON F1ABL JN24OF /10MN ANTENNA T2FD 10W INFOS QRZ.COM 73
      I adjusted the send time at 13:13 UTC all 10mn for not interfer with others beacons
      Thanks to listeners beacon is on 73

      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      From: rmuething@...
      Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 06:28:32 -0400
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Beacon/CQ of F1ABL

      Captured CQ and Beacon of F1ABL  [JN24af] in Chat log  08:40 UTC Oct 23.  From KN6KB [EL98pf] on 10123.00 MHz. Power? Antenna?

    • W6IDS
      Message 3 of 14 , Oct 23, 2013

        I’m going to tag along on this thread and announce that I had my first
        Chat connect with KF5IAD on 14073.000 this morning at 1536Z or
        thereabouts. Broke the ice with the newest Chat release Rick just
        put out.

        Is there a migration trend to 10Mhz now for Chat operation?  I don’t
        have an antenna for that range yet.

        I have to say that using Chat surprised me a little.  I initially used
        WORD to initiate transmission as I was expecting words to be sent
        as I completed them on ONE LINE.  Then, when I hit CR, I’d create a
        new line - - DUH. <GRIN>  I quickly found out that each word got
        sent on individual lines.  I changed to CR so I send “blocks” of words
        per se.  If you treat it like a type ahead buffer style, it seems to be
        OK that way.

        Waiting for the ARQ capability.  I’m used to that with Pactor.  I do
        like Rick’s work.

        Regards to all,

        Howard W6IDS
        Richmond, IN EM79NV

        From: rmuething@...
        Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 06:28:32 -0400

        Message 4 of 14 , Oct 23, 2013

          I did my install of the newly released v0.1.6.0 yesterday.  Got it up and
          running.  In looking around, I see where there are some 10 Mhz ops
          taking place, including some beacon activity.  I don’t have a 10 Mhz
          antenna at the moment, so I initially came up on 14073.000 with my
          LPDA at 50 ft and VOILA! Made some contacts.

          Is anyone running 7 Mhz with Chat?   Anyone ever try?  Not sure what
          the path might be like.

          I read where Dave K3GAU is hanging out on anywhere between 3584
          and around 3587 in the evenings.  Jeez, I have a reason now to fix my
          80 meter wire that got torn down by a B I G tree limb a couple of months
          back.

          Howard W6IDS
          Richmond, IN EM79NV

            Message 6 of 14 , Oct 23, 2013
              That might make for a reasonable topic of discussion.
              Personally, I’d think it’s wide open, wouldn’t it be?  At
              least there’s a wider piece of real estate up there per
              se.

              Hmmm. . . . a ten meter radio, parked on 10m with a
              Chat beacon, available to connect when possible.

              So, say again what your experience has been on 10
              and about that Victoria Ham?  I know you mentioned
              daytime 30 meters but what is your thinking about
              10 meters?

              Just for grins, at 0115Z, I moved down to 7061.000
              with the Chat from 14073.000.

              I have an LPDA that I’m using for 20 – 10 meters at
              this station.  I was wondering if I should look to a
              vertical antenna for some of this specific purpose
              operation, especially for 10 meters.

              Howard W6IDS
              Richmond, IN EM79NV

              10 m been open the few days. I only get a chance to do 30 m during the day. I only pick up a local ham from Victoria.
              What would be a good 10 m spot to use as we could get Hams with VHF and 10 m credentials. Just a thought.

              Don va7dgp

              <SNIP> <SNIP>
            • pc_cruiser_pa

                Message 8 of 14 , Oct 23, 2013

                  The 28.223 seems reasonable, considering this is all planning and
                  discussion.  How many folks are in the forum who “actively” use
                  the Chat mode and can work 10 meters?

                  Was wondering, what other activity would be interfered with at
                  28123.000?  I ask because of the pretty sparse “openings” at
                  my location.  I mean, there’s random activity of sorts, around
                  14073.000 that I’ve noticed.  Most never within the band pass
                  display.  If it is, I just wait until it’s clear.  Surely it can’t be
                  “regular” activity on 10 meters, what with the sparseness of
                  openings.

                  Just thinking is all. . . .nothing wrong with your idea at all
                  as far as I’m concerned for the moment.

                  Howard W6IDS
                  Richmond, IN EM79NV

                        Message 12 of 14 , Oct 24, 2013
                          Howard all we need is some sort of agreement. On 28123 or 28223??

                          If you notice HFN log. You will see HFN pilot station from EU connecting to NA on 10 m. I know the bands open. I can connect to wa4zko-4 on his robust packet node pretty much during the day. I know it can cover NA plus with Vchat.

                          As soon I see a freq agreed to I'll park there. 30 doesn't do it till the pm out here in BC

                          Later

                          Don va7dgp