V4CHAT 1.0.4.0 Gone from Winlinks FTP site. ERROR?

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2013
      Rick. Probably by an error, when putting in Chat Full Install 0.1.1.0.zip, the V4Chat full install 1.0.4.0 went away on the Winlink FTP site. I missed this and installed the CHAT alpha for a newbie fellow ham recently. Of course withouth ARQ, no joy for him.

      This can probably happen for others who want to join the old ARQ test party of  V4Chat at the time being until H4 is more mature and with ARQ running.

      73. Finn/LA7UM

    • dk3cw@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2013

        Hello Finn,

        the V4Chat installation zip can be still found in the file section of the Yahoogroup. Login as a V4Protocol group member is required in order to access the file. link

        Please ask the newbie fellow ham to register for the V4Protocol Yahoogroup.

        In my opinion, the file should be republished for public access at the WinLink FTP site. But this decision has to be taken by WDT.

        vy 73 de Jakob DK3CW

        EmComm liaison officer Frankfurt / Main
        www.dk3cw.de

        When All Else Fails, Ham Radio Works