Re: [V4Protocol] New Full install 0.1.1.0 for Chat and the H4TNC uploaded to Yahoo FTP and Winlink FTP

  • Ron Wenig
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 2, 2013
      Hi Hoby,

      I am starting to copy kn6kb's beacon without errors so maybe the band is coming around.

      Ron ny3j

      On 10/2/2013 7:56 PM, Hoby KK8G wrote:

      Also getting good print from NY3J here is SW MI.
      Only station printed so far.
      Looking for you Dick.
      Hoby KK8G

      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 2, 2013
        i copied this (with come crap removed) in en57rc:

        HAM4 Test Beacon de KN6KB,  FL  [EL98pf

        K1DOW: UTF-8; Unicode string

        Delta (), Lambda
         and Sigma (
        K1DOW: ASCII

        HAM4 Test B

        de KN6KB, Rockledge, FL  [EL98pf

         de KN6KB, Roc FL  [EL98pf]

        CQ CQ CQ de K1DOW K1DOWCQ CQ CQ de K1DOW K1DOWCQ CQ CQ de K1DOW K1DOWpse K

        On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Tom Brown N4TAB <n4tab@...> wrote:

        Rick,

        UPDATE. Same problem with the two-tone Test. No RX after TX. Short Log files going direct

        73,

        Tom N4TAB

        On 10/2/2013 4:39 PM, Tom Brown N4TAB wrote:
        Hi, Rick.

        One issue, so far:

        Flex 5K VAC functions well w/RMS Express and the Winmor TNC. Checked that before installing the new Chat4 client. Audio, CAT and XCVR control all function OK and I see decoded text from your station and a couple of others.  When I transmit, however, at the end of my TX, I don't see the waterfall and nothing is decoded. I have to close and then reopen Chat4 to reestablish the waterfall.  I checked again with RMS EXpress and it hasn't that issue. Chat4 exhibits the same behavior with a Bird load, so it's not an RF issue. Maybe a pointer gets lost in the TX-RX turnaround?

        I'm gonna run a short session and send the logs from that.

        Thanks and 73,

        Tom N4TAB in NC

        On 10/2/2013 12:05 PM, Rick Muething wrote:

        All,

        I have posted a new version (now with significantly more testing!!!) of the Chat program and the H4TNC (Implements the new HAM4 Protocol).   This is available for download from the Yahoo V4Protocol group FTP or the Winlink user FTP ftp://autoupdate.winlink.org/User%20Programs/

        The new Chat program and H4TNC does NOT replace the prior V4Chat.  It is a new program that uses a new (hopefully more robust with lower latency) modulation and coding scheme.  The current version 0.1.1.0 is considered alpha code but appears very functional. Only the FEC (broadcast) protocol is included initially …later ARQ. If this proves to be robust and effective I plan to use it to replace the older V4 TNC.  I  may make a future version of Chat that would support both protocols but this is not in the current plans.

        The new Chat also contains a limited beacon mode to help with initial testing. I have placed a HAM4 beacon “HAM4 Test Beacon de KN6KB [EL98pf] that will be sent approximately every 10 minutes on 10.110.0 USB DIAL.  If you download and install the Chat program from above and set it up (help is included and updated).  You should be able to hear/copy the beacon. You can also answer me with a reply if desired. I will be here most of the day but in and out.  If you set up your own beacon please try and use this same frequency or frequency on another band.  Please try and co ordinate beacon frequencies and use them sparingly. We don’t want to create an beacon interference.

        My initial tests with the new coding scheme used in version 0.1.1.0 are very encouraging.  I think the ARQ version will be equally good with higher robustness and easier operation.  This new mode has very low latency (about 300 ms …faster than PSK31.)

        I am having some problem with the autoupdate mechanism so this will require a full install (and uninstall of a previous version of Chat).  Note: this is installed in a separate directory and shares no data with the earlier V4Chat.

        73,

        Rick Muething, KN6KB

        --
        vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv