Re: [V4Protocol] New file uploaded to V4Protocol

    Message 1 of 149 , Aug 27 10:54 AM
      Don,

      Did you install the Chat (not the V4Chat)?  The H4TNC is a helper program and requires that you first install Chat. Then copy the latest H4TNC patch (1.0.2) into the Chat directory replacing the 1.0.1 version of the H4TNC. It works here as tested and your error message implies you don’t have the dll s installed in your Chat directory.

      Just saw your latest post....THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE TO THE V4TNC or V4Chat.  H4 and the H4TNC are a DIFFERENT protocol and should be installed in different directories.

      The H4TNC and CHAT are different and will not work with V4CHAT or replace the V4TNC.

      The goal here is to evaluate this new protocol which I believe will eventually be better and have lower latency than V4.  Currently only the FEC version is on the FTP site.  When calling we can still use the “watering hole frequencies” but the signal (though it sounds similar) cannot be copied by the other TNC type.

      2013/08/27 17:32:20 [0.1.0.2] H4_TNC.My.MyApplication:
      Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
         at H4_TNC.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm()
         at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
         at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
      Void OnCreateMainForm()
      2013/08/27 17:33:45 [0.1.0.2] H4_TNC.My.MyApplication:
      Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
         at H4_TNC.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm()
         at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
         at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
      Void OnCreateMainForm()

      On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM, <V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the V4Protocol
      group.

      File : /H4_TNC 1.0.2.zip
      Uploaded by : kn6kb <mailto:rmuething%40cfl.rr.com>
      Description : Update to the H4 TNC (replaces original 1.0.1 version) NOT compatible with prior version

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      kn6kb <mailto:rmuething%40cfl.rr.com>

      No virus found in this message.

    • Mel Whitten
      Message 149 of 149 , Sep 3, 2013

        What about comparing BER between the two?  You may have noticed David Rowe added a BER indicator in FreeDV.  Between that and SNR estimation, the performance of its modem can be evaluated by the user.

        Mel, K0PFX

        Yes that is possible...you can do a lot in software but it would be a much more complex Chat program and I’m not sure it is worth the effort.  When I get back I’ll look into it but it may be better to put in a mechansim to send the same FEC file on V4 and H4 and simply measure the errors.  I can easily do that when I have access to my HF channel simulator again.

        Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 4:04 PM
        Subject: AW: [V4Protocol] New file uploaded to V4Protocol

        > The goal here is to evaluate this new protocol which I believe will
        > eventually be better and have lower latency than V4. Currently only the
        > FEC version is on the FTP site. When calling we can still use the
        > "watering hole frequencies" but the signal (though it sounds similar)
        > cannot be copied by the other TNC type.

        Would it be possible to make one softwarew that can be switched between
        these modes?!?

        Then comparing would be easier ... faste switch between modes and see what
        works best ... (no need for that soft to copy BOTH modes together ... but
        would be a nice add on)

        Dg9bfc

        Sigi

        No virus found in this message.