Set up and operation

  • Okiguy
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
      I'm a newbie, however have been doing WSJT-X, JT9 and some attempts at meteor scatter recently. When I set up V4Chat, it halted with an error that it could not find the V4CHATSETUP.MSI file. The unzipped files did include V4CHATSE.MSI, so I renamed it V4CHATSETUP.MSI and reran the setup and it worked fine. Still sorting out parameters but it does show the waterfall and seems to transmit a CQ.

      Next question, after reading the word doc and the power point, I don't see any expected frequencies for operation. Are there suggested frequencies that folks are using?

      Thanks in advance.

      Bill, W4WNT
    • siegfried jackstien
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013

        These are the frequencies that I know

        Fill that in in the left side of the chat window (in the khz row) ...

        When you have set your cat (if you have a rig with cat available) to the
        correct settings it should be possible to change frequencies with clicking
        on the list

        But for first tests that is not needed

        Sure you also found out how to set ptt?!?

        In the settings window you also can control the "drive" level of the soft
        (how much power is sent)

        Here I have set that to 75 percent ... and control the rest from the windows
        mixer (try out what works best for you)

        73

        Dg9bfc

        sigi

        > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      • Okiguy
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
          Danke schoen, Sigi. I'll set the frequencies up. So far the software does appear to transmit so I'm close to getting it right.

          Bill, W4WNT

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "siegfried jackstien" <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

          > 28073
          >
          > 24973
          >
          > 21073
          >
          > 10131
          >
          > 14073
          >
          > 18073
          >
          > 7045

          > These are the frequencies that I know
          >
          > Fill that in in the left side of the chat window (in the khz row) ...
          >
          > When you have set your cat (if you have a rig with cat available) to the
          > correct settings it should be possible to change frequencies with clicking
          > on the list
          >
          > But for first tests that is not needed
          >
          > Sure you also found out how to set ptt?!?
          >
          > In the settings window you also can control the "drive" level of the soft
          > (how much power is sent)
          >
          > Here I have set that to 75 percent ... and control the rest from the windows
          > mixer (try out what works best for you)
          >
          > 73
          >
          > Dg9bfc
          >
          > sigi