Pactor

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013
      I saw a comment that K7LRB made a to Pactor Reboot. I was given a SCS-PCT-11EX modem. I'm looking forward to use it for RMS and V4. I should be up and running Tuesday.

      73.

      Sent from my iPod
      Don Poaps
      va7dgp@...
    • Steve Michaels
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
        I'm pretty sure the SCS modem will not function on V4. However, it will work fine with any of the Pactor stations.  Winmor was developed to allow hams reasonably priced access to the Winlink email system without having to purchase an SCS modem(I think now over $1,000.00 for the least expensive modem.)  The modes in the SCS product are in the firmware in the box.
        V4 is an off-shoot of the Winmor sound card TNC.

        Wish you good luck with it, it is a very fine product.

        73,
        de N4ay
      • RICK WESTERFIELD
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013

          Your PTC-IIex will not help you on V4 but you will have a lot of fun with that Pactor modem nonetheless.

          RMS Express will need the PTC to have the 4.0 version of firmware to work with it but that is a simple and free upgrade from the SCS web site.

          Rick KH2DF

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android