Re: [V4Protocol] v4 QSY 10131 MHz

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
      As you know I use RMS express already. Anyway will move Hamcap to c: as its loading up on my D: drive. That could be part of the problem

      I'm parked on 28.120 FYI

      Don va7dgp

      On Friday, March 22, 2013, la7um wrote:

      Ian. My experience is a year or so. It fits well I would say. Other LAs working HF for a life time have tried alot of programs, but have returned to this one and recommended it for me.

      Point is HAMCap 1.8 uses the ITSHFBC (the voacap part of it), just as RMS Express does. And it is working OFF LINE and is free.

      AirMail also uses ITSHFBC (the ICEPAC part of it).

      Just install latest itshfbc from winlink ftp site ithsfbc_120722.zip
      and let it install on C: Where it suggests itself.

      Then you suddenly has 3 programs benefitting from this ITSHFBC.

      Finn/LA7UM

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
        I think it is itshfbc that definitely must sit directly on c: as an originally DOS program. I have RMSE , AirMail, Hamcap all in C, and itshfbc directly on c.

        What frequency for you depends upon where you are , and where you want to go.

        LA (Oslo) to Canada, just now with Isotropic antenna and 10w indicates 10131 or 14073, (best just now) when using default propagation parameters.

        No response on 28120mhz. Silence.

        You must enter your own position for vieweing general coverage on different bands on different hours (UTC) (Map window)

        You must enter target position if in addition wanting to see best freq at anyone time, (the Chart) window)

        I am calling on 20m just now.
        Finn/LA7UM

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
          I'm not at home. Nothing on 14.073 when I left. Still can't get Hamcap to work even though I've updated my VOACAP

          Try when I get home later

          I'm parked on 14.073 while away

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
            Don. You may try. 10131. That is the band from LA (Oslo) to Canada for some hours and onwards from now 2300 UTC. I am ARQ, not in the shack, but you get an indication if getting a link.

            40w and G5RV. Under Aurorabelt...I doubt....one needs special conds at 60deg north. :-(( A big beam might have made the difference.

            Hope you get the HAMCap running with the right version of itshfbc.

            Had a very good link this evening on 20m to France with a first V4 link for him. He was impressed.

            73. Finn/LA7UM

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
              I've moved up from 7073 to 10131. Will call cq and see what happens. I'm not getting any bites on 40 m. PSK moving up to 7073. I could read them but no one came back when I switch to psk31.