Re: v4 QSY 10131 MHz

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 21, 2013
      Yup. Getting closer to summer my guess is that Nordic countries north south some hours around local noon is very good on this band. We need higher bands for the US.

      Finn/LA7UM

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 21, 2013
        I don't know. I'm still learning this program.

        On Thursday, March 21, 2013, la7um wrote:

        Don. Today nothing decoded, even if sitting ARQ on 10145.5, but not in the shack. Our short local test finished. What is the waterhole on 18meg? 73 Finn/LA7UM

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

        > Nothing coming over the North Pole, or evening from USA. I've QSY to
        > another Mode and 20 m FREQ. Will try Later this PM.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Don va7dgp
        >
        > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM, la7um <la7um@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Yes Yussuf. That is the better solution for permanent. As I said. It was
        > > for a special local short test this 145.5 freq was used. 10131 it should
        > > be. 73 Finn/La7UM
        > >

        > > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Juhani" <yufenau@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Maybe we all can use this QRG on 10m band in future? 73 "Yussuf" Oh7TE
        > > >

        > --
        > Don Poaps
        > New Westminster, BC
        > VA7DGP
        > Satern Member
        > Vector Member
        > Surrey Amateur Radio
        > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

      • Yussuf
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 21, 2013
          Yes, we must try up to 28 Mhaz band over Atlantic etc but I have only 80-10 OCFD .
          BUT when  I move my QTH outside Helsinki area (next summer) I can built better antennas like yagis for higher HF band.
          CU tomorrow.

          --
          73 OH7TE Yussuf & dog HAMdog "Inez"

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
            Yussy. Not that high. Max 14mhz from Oslo for VA. I heard N4 0043UTC, 10131.Max freq. This max fits HAMcap 1.8. Next top is +- 1730UTC 14073 for VA, but 10131 for OH from Oslo.
            18mhz just not usable for VA from Oslo, 14mhz perhaps for VA +- 1730UTC.
            10mhz good from Oslo to OH +-1700UTC.

            This is general. Then there might suddenly be openings, or killing aurora.

            I leave shack now 1020UTC, no answer from you on 10131. But sit on frq. May jump to 14mhz later.

            Finn/LA7UM

            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Yussuf <yufenau@...> wrote:

            > Yes, we must try up to 28 Mhaz band over Atlantic etc but I have only 80-10
            > OCFD .
            > BUT when I move my QTH outside Helsinki area (next summer) I can built
            > better antennas like yagis for higher HF band.
            > CU tomorrow.
            >
            > --
            > 73 OH7TE Yussuf & dog HAMdog "Inez"

          • Ian Wade G3NRW
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
              From: la7um <la7um@...>
              Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 Time: 10:21:17

              >This max fits HAMcap 1.8.

              Finn

              HAMcap looks interesting. Do you find it really gives good predictions?

              Ian, G3NRW
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                I downloaded the Hamcap. it said my my VOACAP was out of date. I downloaded latest and it still won't run. Anyway off topic. I was on 10.131 my 22:30 and gave a few CQ.

                Last night at Delta Amateur Radio club. They were giving a talk on compromised Antenna. The speaker mentioned that he contacted Finland just before he got to the meeting.
                As usual wrong band.  I searching for propagation using beacon map. I can hear CW coming from Beacon stations.

                So what would be the 10 m V4 freq to use??

                From: la7um <la7um@...>
                Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 Time: 10:21:17

                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                  Ian. My experience is a year or so. It fits well I would say. Other LAs working HF for a life time have tried alot of programs, but have returned to this one and recommended it for me.

                  Point is HAMCap 1.8 uses the ITSHFBC (the voacap part of it), just as RMS Express does. And it is working OFF LINE and is free.

                  AirMail also uses ITSHFBC (the ICEPAC part of it).

                  Just install latest itshfbc from winlink ftp site ithsfbc_120722.zip
                  and let it install on C: Where it suggests itself.

                  Then you suddenly has 3 programs benefitting from this ITSHFBC.

                  Finn/LA7UM

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                    As you know I use RMS express already. Anyway will move Hamcap to c: as its loading up on my D: drive. That could be part of the problem

                    I'm parked on 28.120 FYI

                    Don va7dgp

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                      I think it is itshfbc that definitely must sit directly on c: as an originally DOS program. I have RMSE , AirMail, Hamcap all in C, and itshfbc directly on c.

                      What frequency for you depends upon where you are , and where you want to go.

                      LA (Oslo) to Canada, just now with Isotropic antenna and 10w indicates 10131 or 14073, (best just now) when using default propagation parameters.

                      No response on 28120mhz. Silence.

                      You must enter your own position for vieweing general coverage on different bands on different hours (UTC) (Map window)

                      You must enter target position if in addition wanting to see best freq at anyone time, (the Chart) window)

                      I am calling on 20m just now.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                        I'm not at home. Nothing on 14.073 when I left. Still can't get Hamcap to work even though I've updated my VOACAP

                        Try when I get home later

                        I'm parked on 14.073 while away

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                          Don. You may try. 10131. That is the band from LA (Oslo) to Canada for some hours and onwards from now 2300 UTC. I am ARQ, not in the shack, but you get an indication if getting a link.

                          40w and G5RV. Under Aurorabelt...I doubt....one needs special conds at 60deg north. :-(( A big beam might have made the difference.

                          Hope you get the HAMCap running with the right version of itshfbc.

                          Had a very good link this evening on 20m to France with a first V4 link for him. He was impressed.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 22, 2013
                            I've moved up from 7073 to 10131. Will call cq and see what happens. I'm not getting any bites on 40 m. PSK moving up to 7073. I could read them but no one came back when I switch to psk31.