New - help using FT897 and V4Chat

  • pjaway63
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
      Hi

      Sorry very new to v4

      I have an ft897 connected to a cat lead and minipro zlp data interface.

      This works well using hrd + dm780 , psk, rtty etc.

      I tried most of Sunday to get v4 working. Please if you use a ft897 could you confirm which mode and settings you use.

      I was monitoring 14.073 and 7.073 - but could not pick anything up

      Tried calling cq no errors but no response

      Thanks

      Paul
    • RICK WESTERFIELD
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013

        It is a rather rare mode, unfortunately. I like it but on a RTTY contest weekend, its even harder to find somebody to chat with.

        You can try scheduling a contact here so that you can get your radio settings de-loused. I am available tonight after work (post 5 pm or so) until 6:45 and then again after 8 pm. The 6D1 MARS digital net runs from 7-8 or I would help you straight through the evening.

        It does take a typing and chatting knack to get your "ready to send" data into the Outbound Queue but we can sort through that tonight.

        Just name a freq and time.

        Rick KH2DF/W5

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android