RE: [V4Protocol] RE: Flex 1500 Setup via VAC ports Help!

  • ric5
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

      Kirk yes I’m  running  a Flex 1500 using  VAC sound card control, and also  Rig control with  FLdigi  3.21.66 with NO problems at all.

      You got screen shots ? Or you want me to call you via land line?

      Rick Kd4jrx

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

        Ric,

        I don’t have any screen shots although I can make one for you.  However, I think you may need to use a program that creates a virtual com port versus FLDIGI as your rig control.  There are two that come to mind and either one is good.  The first is Com0Com and is available via the Flex Radio knowledge base http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50062.aspx  and the other VSPmgr (which is the one I use). It’s available from Steve Nance, K5FR who has written the very fine program DDUTIL.  http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page   In order to get VSPmgr you will have to make an email request Steve. Steve will be very quick to respond to your email.  If you need further assistance, please email me your phone number directly and I’ll give you a call.  My email is listed in QRZ.com.

        73,

        Kirk, K6KAR

        Niceville, FL

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

          Kirk,

          Take a look at theses screen shots anything stands out?

          Thanks Rick Kd4jrx

[...]

        • wa6owm
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
            De WA6OWM
            Rick,
            I believe the Flex-1500 will only support 48000, (Flex-3000=96000/Flex-5000=192000).
            WA6OWM

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

              It did not change anything??

              Rick Kd4jrx

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                Not sure what you mean “It did not change anything??
                Did you follow the instruction in this Knowledgebase application note?
                Good luck
                WA6OWM

                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                  I’m good to go got up and running xmit and recv both, Just need to read the docs some more and a little air time. Thank you for yur help. See screen shots.

                  Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                  AAR4UK Mars