Flex 1500 Setup via VAC ports Help!

  • tharringtonricky
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 12 7:37 AM
      I'm new to the group, I'm running a Flex 1500 and FL110 amp . I run Fldigi 3.21.66 with no problems.(all modes) Also Flamp , however I cannot get V4 chat Sound Card TNC 1.0.20 to Xmit it receives fine. I tried the CQ function I see the software running CQ but it does not key the Flex ? I'm using VAC to sound card. Anyone got any setup screen shots please.
      Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 12 7:42 AM

        Did you look at the V4 Chat help on the Flex radios?  There have been tests using this setup that work.  On V4 Chat Click: Files,  Help Index, Flex SDR Radios.  Follow the setup which is based on using VAC.  Be sure to check your latency times...very important for ARQ operation.

        Rick KN6KB

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 12 9:49 AM

          Thanks I’m going to eat lunch and walk away from it for a  while. I had no problems setting up VAC Xmit to my Flex but this has worked me over for while 2 hours. I may try on the old FT-102 which has my Rigblaster box for a interface.   That’s my RTTY setup it runs a cool 100 + watts all day long !

          See If I can get to xmit via the cable , I sure I can . Maybe I can speak with some that has set the Flex and find out where my problem is.

          Thank you for your help Rick

          Rick Kd4jrx 73

          Did you look at the V4 Chat help on the Flex radios?  There have been tests using this setup that work.  On V4 Chat Click: Files,  Help Index, Flex SDR Radios.  Follow the setup which is based on using VAC.  Be sure to check your latency times...very important for ARQ operation.

          Rick KN6KB

          I’m new to the group, I’m running a Flex 1500 and FL110 amp . I run Fldigi 3.21.66 with no problems.(all modes)  Also Flamp , however I cannot get V4 chat Sound Card TNC 1.0.20 to Xmit it receives fine.  I tried the CQ function I see the software running CQ but it does not key the Flex ?  I’m using VAC to sound card.  Anyone got any setup screen shots please.

          Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

        • Kirk
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 12 10:25 AM

            Ric,

            I run my Flex1500, 3000 and 5000 using V4 with no problem.  Sounds to me like you may be having problems with Com ports.  Are you using virtual com ports?  I’d be happy to walk you through setting up your Flex.  Probably the easiest way to do this is to give me your telephone number and I’ll give you a call.

            73,

            Kirk, K6KAR

            Niceville, FL

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 12 11:10 AM

              Kirk yes I’m  running  a Flex 1500 using  VAC sound card control, and also  Rig control with  FLdigi  3.21.66 with NO problems at all.

              You got screen shots ? Or you want me to call you via land line?

              Rick Kd4jrx

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 12 2:23 PM

                Ric,

                I don’t have any screen shots although I can make one for you.  However, I think you may need to use a program that creates a virtual com port versus FLDIGI as your rig control.  There are two that come to mind and either one is good.  The first is Com0Com and is available via the Flex Radio knowledge base http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50062.aspx  and the other VSPmgr (which is the one I use). It’s available from Steve Nance, K5FR who has written the very fine program DDUTIL.  http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page   In order to get VSPmgr you will have to make an email request Steve. Steve will be very quick to respond to your email.  If you need further assistance, please email me your phone number directly and I’ll give you a call.  My email is listed in QRZ.com.

                73,

                Kirk, K6KAR

                Niceville, FL

                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 12 4:09 PM

                  Kirk,

                  Take a look at theses screen shots anything stands out?

                  Thanks Rick Kd4jrx

[...]

                • wa6owm
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 12 4:27 PM
                    De WA6OWM
                    Rick,
                    I believe the Flex-1500 will only support 48000, (Flex-3000=96000/Flex-5000=192000).
                    WA6OWM

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 12 5:32 PM

                      It did not change anything??

                      Rick Kd4jrx

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 12 9:40 PM

                        Not sure what you mean “It did not change anything??
                        Did you follow the instruction in this Knowledgebase application note?
                        Good luck
                        WA6OWM

                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 12 9:45 PM

                          I’m good to go got up and running xmit and recv both, Just need to read the docs some more and a little air time. Thank you for yur help. See screen shots.

                          Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                          AAR4UK Mars