Well...what's next after I get a connect?

  • kk4lac@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2013
      Sorry to ask a dumb question - -just trying to get things going. Sent out a CQ today and surprisingly got a response! Tried several volleys back and forth with N4WI. Received several "Connection Requests and even saw it say "Connected" at one point. Tried to send some text but we never seemed to get a "handshake" with each other. Wasn't sure what to do other than try to "chat". My text went out (transmissions occurred). But not sure he received anything. Tried both ARQ and FEC modes. Once it says connected shouldn't we be able to chat? If a call sign or connect request comes on the screen, do I need to do something to make the connection happen??

      Been listening and trying the frequency list I saw in another post:
      80 m: 3583 MHz USB
      40 m: 7073 MHz USB
      30 m: 10131 MHz USB, 10,136 MHz USB
      20 m: 14073 MHz USB
      17 m: 18085 MHz USB, 18,103 MHz USB
      15 m: 21073 MHz USB

      Also - trying to see if we can adapt this for EmComm use. Has anyone had any success doing a V4 net in FEC mode? Multiple stations copying the same transmissons?

      Thanks!
      Bob
      KK4LAC
    • Rick Westerfield
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2013

        You need the “queue the text” to get it into your outbound buffer.  That will show up at the top of the display and you can watch it tick down as the other station acknowledges your sent text.

        Rick KH2DF

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2013

          I am wondering the same thing. I have tried using V-4 many times in the last year. I never have figured it out and gave up. FEC was the only one I could ever get connected to anyone with but after it was connected I could not send any text. I know others have had the same trouble.

          Lyle N0LWF

[...]

          No virus found in this message.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2013
            Try reading the help on ARQ and FEC operation.  Click File, Help Contents, Click Typical  FEC operation or Typical ARQ operation. They work a little differently.

            73,

            Rick KN6KB  (Author of V4)

            Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 8:54 PM