Re: [V4Protocol] Re: 14.073

  • Pete Ferrand
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 9 3:17 PM
      Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

      -Pete
      WB2QLL
      Somers, WI

      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 9 3:19 PM
        I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

        Ron ny3j

        On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

        Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

        -Pete
        WB2QLL
        Somers, WI

        >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
        >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
        >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
        >Pennsylvania.
        >
        >Ron ny3j
        >
        >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
        >>

        >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
        >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
        >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
        >> >
        >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
        >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
        >> circus of digital modes.
        >>
        >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
        >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
        >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
        >> above 14.112.
        >>
        >> 73, Mike, K0TER

      • Ron Wenig
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 9 3:27 PM
          Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there.  We should move just a bit.

          Ron ny3j

          On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:

          I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

          Ron ny3j

          On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

          Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

          -Pete
          WB2QLL
          Somers, WI

          >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
          >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
          >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
          >Pennsylvania.
          >
          >Ron ny3j
          >
          >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
          >>

          >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
          >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
          >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
          >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
          >> >
          >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
          >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
          >> circus of digital modes.
          >>
          >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
          >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
          >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
          >> above 14.112.
          >>
          >> 73, Mike, K0TER

      • Pete Ferrand
        Message 4 of 23 , Mar 9 3:32 PM
          OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.

          -p

          >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
          >just a bit.
          >
          >Ron ny3j
          >
          >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
          >>
          >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
          >>
          >> Ron ny3j
          >>
          >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
          >>>

          >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
          >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
          >>> or anyone's call.
          >>>
          >>> -Pete
          >>> WB2QLL
          >>> Somers, WI

        • Pete Ferrand
          Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9 3:36 PM
            Ron are you seeing any of my text?
            -p

            >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
            >just a bit.
            >
            >Ron ny3j
            >
            >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
            >>
            >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
            >>
            >> Ron ny3j
            >>
            >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
            >>>

            >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
            >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
            >>> or anyone's call.
            >>>
            >>> -Pete
            >>> WB2QLL
            >>> Somers, WI

          • Ron Wenig
            Message 6 of 23 , Mar 9 3:36 PM
              We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor station there...they are everywhere.

              Ron ny3j

            • Ron Wenig
              Message 7 of 23 , Mar 9 3:37 PM
                no text just the connect..do you see my text.

                Ron

              • Pete Ferrand
                Message 8 of 23 , Mar 9 3:38 PM
                  Don't hear a thing on this freq. Try FEC and I'll call you!
                  -p

                  >We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor
                  >station there...they are everywhere.
                  >
                  >Ron ny3j
                  >
                  >On 3/9/2013 6:32 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                  >>

                  >> OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher
                  >> and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.
                  >>
                  >> -p

                • POB
                  Message 9 of 23 , Mar 9 3:44 PM
                    --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                    > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                    > >
                    > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                    >
                    > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                    > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                    > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                    > above 14.112.
                    >
                    > 73, Mike, K0TER

                    You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                    quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                    POB/K8LEN
                  • Pete Ferrand
                    Message 10 of 23 , Mar 9 3:57 PM

                      Did you disappear don't hear a thing from you?

                      -p

                      Message 11 of 23 , Mar 9 3:58 PM
                        I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 9 4:31 PM
                          I've dropped downtown 40 m. 7073

                          Later

                          Don va7dgp

                          On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Don Poaps wrote:
                          I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                          On Saturday, March 9, 2013, POB wrote:

                          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                          > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                          > >
                          > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                          >
                          > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                          > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                          > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                          > above 14.112.
                          >
                          > 73, Mike, K0TER

                          You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                          quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                          POB/K8LEN

                          Recent Activity:

                          Message 13 of 23 , Apr 28, 2013
                            I noticed K7LRB and K7KEV on 14.065. I try to connect to K7LRB but to much PSK in the transmit frame

                            Sent from my iPod
                            Don Poaps
                            va7dgp@...