Re: [V4Protocol] Re: 14.073

  • Ron Wenig
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
      Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails.  I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial and connected to him.  We connected but I didn't receive any data from him.  There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by.  I'm in Pennsylvania.

      Ron ny3j

      On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

      > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
      >
      > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

      14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
      the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
      by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
      above 14.112.

      73, Mike, K0TER

    • Pete Ferrand
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
        Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

        -Pete
        WB2QLL
        Somers, WI

        >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
        >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
        >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
        >Pennsylvania.
        >
        >Ron ny3j
        >
        >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
        >>

        >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
        >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
        >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
        >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
        >> >
        >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
        >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
        >> circus of digital modes.
        >>
        >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
        >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
        >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
        >> above 14.112.
        >>
        >> 73, Mike, K0TER

      • Ron Wenig
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
          I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

          Ron ny3j

          On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

          Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

          -Pete
          WB2QLL
          Somers, WI

          >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
          >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
          >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
          >Pennsylvania.
          >
          >Ron ny3j
          >
          >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
          >>

          >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
          >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
          >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
          >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
          >> >
          >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
          >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
          >> circus of digital modes.
          >>
          >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
          >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
          >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
          >> above 14.112.
          >>
          >> 73, Mike, K0TER

        • Ron Wenig
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
            Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there.  We should move just a bit.

            Ron ny3j

            On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:

            I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

            Ron ny3j

            On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

            Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

            -Pete
            WB2QLL
            Somers, WI

            >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
            >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
            >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
            >Pennsylvania.
            >
            >Ron ny3j
            >
            >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
            >>

            >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
            >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
            >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
            >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
            >> >
            >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
            >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
            >> circus of digital modes.
            >>
            >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
            >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
            >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
            >> above 14.112.
            >>
            >> 73, Mike, K0TER

        • Pete Ferrand
          Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
            OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.

            -p

            >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
            >just a bit.
            >
            >Ron ny3j
            >
            >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
            >>
            >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
            >>
            >> Ron ny3j
            >>
            >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
            >>>

            >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
            >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
            >>> or anyone's call.
            >>>
            >>> -Pete
            >>> WB2QLL
            >>> Somers, WI

          • Pete Ferrand
            Message 6 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
              Ron are you seeing any of my text?
              -p

              >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
              >just a bit.
              >
              >Ron ny3j
              >
              >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
              >>
              >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
              >>
              >> Ron ny3j
              >>
              >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
              >>>

              >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
              >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
              >>> or anyone's call.
              >>>
              >>> -Pete
              >>> WB2QLL
              >>> Somers, WI

            • Ron Wenig
              Message 7 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor station there...they are everywhere.

                Ron ny3j

              • Ron Wenig
                Message 8 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                  no text just the connect..do you see my text.

                  Ron

                • Pete Ferrand
                  Message 9 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                    Don't hear a thing on this freq. Try FEC and I'll call you!
                    -p

                    >We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor
                    >station there...they are everywhere.
                    >
                    >Ron ny3j
                    >
                    >On 3/9/2013 6:32 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                    >>

                    >> OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher
                    >> and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.
                    >>
                    >> -p

                  • POB
                    Message 10 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                      > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                      > >
                      > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                      >
                      > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                      > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                      > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                      > above 14.112.
                      >
                      > 73, Mike, K0TER

                      You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                      quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                      POB/K8LEN
                    • Pete Ferrand
                      Message 11 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

                        Did you disappear don't hear a thing from you?

                        -p

                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                          I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                          Message 13 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                            I've dropped downtown 40 m. 7073

                            Later

                            Don va7dgp

                            On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Don Poaps wrote:
                            I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                            On Saturday, March 9, 2013, POB wrote:

                            --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                            > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                            > >
                            > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                            >
                            > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                            > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                            > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                            > above 14.112.
                            >
                            > 73, Mike, K0TER

                            You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                            quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                            POB/K8LEN

                            Recent Activity:

                            Message 14 of 23 , Apr 28, 2013
                              I noticed K7LRB and K7KEV on 14.065. I try to connect to K7LRB but to much PSK in the transmit frame

                              Sent from my iPod
                              Don Poaps
                              va7dgp@...