Re: 14.073

  • mike.k0ter
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 9 2:56 PM
      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

      > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
      >
      > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

      14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
      the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
      by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
      above 14.112.

      73, Mike, K0TER
    • Ron Wenig
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 9 3:12 PM
        Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails.  I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial and connected to him.  We connected but I didn't receive any data from him.  There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by.  I'm in Pennsylvania.

        Ron ny3j

        On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:

        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

        > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
        >
        > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

        14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
        the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
        by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
        above 14.112.

        73, Mike, K0TER

      • Pete Ferrand
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 9 3:17 PM
          Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

          -Pete
          WB2QLL
          Somers, WI

          >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
          >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
          >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
          >Pennsylvania.
          >
          >Ron ny3j
          >
          >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
          >>

          >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
          >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
          >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
          >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
          >> >
          >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
          >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
          >> circus of digital modes.
          >>
          >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
          >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
          >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
          >> above 14.112.
          >>
          >> 73, Mike, K0TER

        • Ron Wenig
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 9 3:19 PM
            I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

            Ron ny3j

            On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

            Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

            -Pete
            WB2QLL
            Somers, WI

            >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
            >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
            >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
            >Pennsylvania.
            >
            >Ron ny3j
            >
            >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
            >>

            >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
            >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
            >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
            >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
            >> >
            >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
            >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
            >> circus of digital modes.
            >>
            >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
            >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
            >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
            >> above 14.112.
            >>
            >> 73, Mike, K0TER

          • Ron Wenig
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9 3:27 PM
              Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there.  We should move just a bit.

              Ron ny3j

              On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:

              I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

              Ron ny3j

              On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

              Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

              -Pete
              WB2QLL
              Somers, WI

              >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
              >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
              >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
              >Pennsylvania.
              >
              >Ron ny3j
              >
              >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
              >>

              >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
              >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
              >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
              >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
              >> >
              >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
              >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
              >> circus of digital modes.
              >>
              >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
              >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
              >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
              >> above 14.112.
              >>
              >> 73, Mike, K0TER

          • Pete Ferrand
            Message 6 of 23 , Mar 9 3:32 PM
              OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.

              -p

              >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
              >just a bit.
              >
              >Ron ny3j
              >
              >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
              >>
              >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
              >>
              >> Ron ny3j
              >>
              >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
              >>>

              >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
              >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
              >>> or anyone's call.
              >>>
              >>> -Pete
              >>> WB2QLL
              >>> Somers, WI

            • Pete Ferrand
              Message 7 of 23 , Mar 9 3:36 PM
                Ron are you seeing any of my text?
                -p

                >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
                >just a bit.
                >
                >Ron ny3j
                >
                >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
                >>
                >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
                >>
                >> Ron ny3j
                >>
                >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                >>>

                >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
                >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
                >>> or anyone's call.
                >>>
                >>> -Pete
                >>> WB2QLL
                >>> Somers, WI

              • Ron Wenig
                Message 8 of 23 , Mar 9 3:36 PM
                  We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor station there...they are everywhere.

                  Ron ny3j

                • Ron Wenig
                  Message 9 of 23 , Mar 9 3:37 PM
                    no text just the connect..do you see my text.

                    Ron

                  • Pete Ferrand
                    Message 10 of 23 , Mar 9 3:38 PM
                      Don't hear a thing on this freq. Try FEC and I'll call you!
                      -p

                      >We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor
                      >station there...they are everywhere.
                      >
                      >Ron ny3j
                      >
                      >On 3/9/2013 6:32 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                      >>

                      >> OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher
                      >> and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.
                      >>
                      >> -p

                    • POB
                      Message 11 of 23 , Mar 9 3:44 PM
                        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                        > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                        > >
                        > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                        >
                        > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                        > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                        > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                        > above 14.112.
                        >
                        > 73, Mike, K0TER

                        You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                        quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                        POB/K8LEN
                      • Pete Ferrand
                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 9 3:57 PM

                          Did you disappear don't hear a thing from you?

                          -p

                          Message 13 of 23 , Mar 9 3:58 PM
                            I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                            Message 14 of 23 , Mar 9 4:31 PM
                              I've dropped downtown 40 m. 7073

                              Later

                              Don va7dgp

                              On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Don Poaps wrote:
                              I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                              On Saturday, March 9, 2013, POB wrote:

                              --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                              > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                              > >
                              > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                              >
                              > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                              > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                              > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                              > above 14.112.
                              >
                              > 73, Mike, K0TER

                              You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                              quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                              POB/K8LEN

                              Recent Activity:

                              Message 15 of 23 , Apr 28, 2013
                                I noticed K7LRB and K7KEV on 14.065. I try to connect to K7LRB but to much PSK in the transmit frame

                                Sent from my iPod
                                Don Poaps
                                va7dgp@...