RE: [V4Protocol] Re: 14.073

  • Rick Westerfield
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

      14.109 dial or 14.109 center freq??

      Rick KH2DF

      From: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com [mailto:V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of truckerdon1949
      Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:36 PM
      To: V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [V4Protocol] Re: 14.073

      Rick

      I move up to 14.109.

      Don va7dgp

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Westerfield" <r_lwesterfield@...> wrote:

      > And that is a dial frequency for me, 14.109 center?????
      >

      > Rick KH2DF

    • mike.k0ter
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
        --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

        > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
        >
        > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

        14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
        the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
        by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
        above 14.112.

        73, Mike, K0TER
      • Ron Wenig
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
          Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails.  I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial and connected to him.  We connected but I didn't receive any data from him.  There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by.  I'm in Pennsylvania.

          Ron ny3j

          On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:

          > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
          >
          > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.

          14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
          the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
          by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
          above 14.112.

          73, Mike, K0TER

        • Pete Ferrand
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
            Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

            -Pete
            WB2QLL
            Somers, WI

            >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
            >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
            >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
            >Pennsylvania.
            >
            >Ron ny3j
            >
            >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
            >>

            >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
            >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
            >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
            >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
            >> >
            >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
            >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
            >> circus of digital modes.
            >>
            >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
            >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
            >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
            >> above 14.112.
            >>
            >> 73, Mike, K0TER

          • Ron Wenig
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
              I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

              Ron ny3j

              On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

              Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

              -Pete
              WB2QLL
              Somers, WI

              >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
              >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
              >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
              >Pennsylvania.
              >
              >Ron ny3j
              >
              >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
              >>

              >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
              >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
              >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
              >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
              >> >
              >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
              >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
              >> circus of digital modes.
              >>
              >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
              >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
              >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
              >> above 14.112.
              >>
              >> 73, Mike, K0TER

            • Ron Wenig
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there.  We should move just a bit.

                Ron ny3j

                On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:

                I may have clicked the wrong thing.  I'll try connecting to you.

                Ron ny3j

                On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:

                Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my or anyone's call.

                -Pete
                WB2QLL
                Somers, WI

                >Hi guys, I just got in and saw the emails. I saw N4AY on 14105.515 dial
                >and connected to him. We connected but I didn't receive any data from
                >him. There seemed to be a couple of other stations close by. I'm in
                >Pennsylvania.
                >
                >Ron ny3j
                >
                >On 3/9/2013 5:56 PM, mike.k0ter wrote:
                >>

                >> --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com
                >> <mailto:V4Protocol%40yahoogroups.com>, "POB" <bozo1945@...> wrote:
                >> >
                >> > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted
                >> with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in
                >> this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                >> >
                >> > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on
                >> 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the
                >> circus of digital modes.
                >>
                >> 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                >> the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                >> by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                >> above 14.112.
                >>
                >> 73, Mike, K0TER

            • Pete Ferrand
              Message 7 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.

                -p

                >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
                >just a bit.
                >
                >Ron ny3j
                >
                >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
                >>
                >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
                >>
                >> Ron ny3j
                >>
                >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                >>>

                >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
                >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
                >>> or anyone's call.
                >>>
                >>> -Pete
                >>> WB2QLL
                >>> Somers, WI

              • Pete Ferrand
                Message 8 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                  Ron are you seeing any of my text?
                  -p

                  >Pete, we connected but there's a pactor station there. We should move
                  >just a bit.
                  >
                  >Ron ny3j
                  >
                  >On 3/9/2013 6:19 PM, Ron Wenig wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I may have clicked the wrong thing. I'll try connecting to you.
                  >>
                  >> Ron ny3j
                  >>
                  >> On 3/9/2013 6:17 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                  >>>

                  >>> Hey Ron, you had a q5 signal here nr Chicago. Tried to call you but
                  >>> the connect request came through as connect request to CQ instead my
                  >>> or anyone's call.
                  >>>
                  >>> -Pete
                  >>> WB2QLL
                  >>> Somers, WI

                • Ron Wenig
                  Message 9 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                    We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor station there...they are everywhere.

                    Ron ny3j

                  • Ron Wenig
                    Message 10 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                      no text just the connect..do you see my text.

                      Ron

                    • Pete Ferrand
                      Message 11 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                        Don't hear a thing on this freq. Try FEC and I'll call you!
                        -p

                        >We are connected there at 14.106.5 dial but there's another pactor
                        >station there...they are everywhere.
                        >
                        >Ron ny3j
                        >
                        >On 3/9/2013 6:32 PM, Pete Ferrand wrote:
                        >>

                        >> OK but I think there's another problem. I'll move a khz or so higher
                        >> and see. Try FEC if we can't transfer info.
                        >>
                        >> -p

                      • POB
                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                          > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                          > >
                          > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                          >
                          > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                          > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                          > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                          > above 14.112.
                          >
                          > 73, Mike, K0TER

                          You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                          quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                          POB/K8LEN
                        • Pete Ferrand
                          Message 13 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013

                            Did you disappear don't hear a thing from you?

                            -p

                            Message 14 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                              I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                              Message 15 of 23 , Mar 9, 2013
                                I've dropped downtown 40 m. 7073

                                Later

                                Don va7dgp

                                On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Don Poaps wrote:
                                I'm parked on 14.117.5 calling CQ

                                On Saturday, March 9, 2013, POB wrote:

                                --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "mike.k0ter" <stansberrymj@...> wrote:

                                > --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "POB" <bozo1945@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > It seems to me that the above frequency is shall we say polluted with many varities of digital modes and of course all stations pile in this small space leaving v4 in the same situation.
                                > >
                                > > I myself would suggest for all v4 activity to move up frequency on 20 meters into a quiet zone such as 14.107.5 to get away from the circus of digital modes.
                                >
                                > 14.107.5 is within the 14.1005-14.112 segment allocated by
                                > the FCC for automatically controlled stations and is used
                                > by WL2K stations. It might be better to choose a frequency
                                > above 14.112.
                                >
                                > 73, Mike, K0TER

                                You are probably right,not sure of a frequency, but it is a mess on 20 and tonight pactor robots everywhere up to 14114 at moment.
                                quiet around 14.117.50 maybe better.....
                                POB/K8LEN

                                Recent Activity:

                                Message 16 of 23 , Apr 28, 2013
                                  I noticed K7LRB and K7KEV on 14.065. I try to connect to K7LRB but to much PSK in the transmit frame

                                  Sent from my iPod
                                  Don Poaps
                                  va7dgp@...