Re: 14.107.5

  • truckerdon1949
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
      I posted a screen shot of the signal that my system picked up. I'm wondering if there's a Winlink Station on this freq?

      Don VA7DGP

      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

      > QRV
      >
      > cq de va7dgp.
      >

      > --
      > Don Poaps
      > New Westminster, BC
      > VA7DGP
      > Satern Member
      > Vector Member
      > Surrey Amateur Radio
      > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

    • dave_frazier2000
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
        14.1075 and 14.1065 are popular pactor frequencies.  14.1065 is the more used in this country and 14.1075 the more popular in Europe.  Anyone for sharing?

        Dave in Minnesota

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
          I'm parked on 14.106.5 now

          Don va7dgp

          On Saturday, March 9, 2013, wrote:

          14.1075 and 14.1065 are popular pactor frequencies.  14.1065 is the more used in this country and 14.1075 the more popular in Europe.  Anyone for sharing?

          Dave in Minnesota

          I posted a screen shot of the signal that my system picked up. I'm wondering if there's a Winlink Station on this freq?

          Don VA7DGP

          --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

          > QRV
          >
          > cq de va7dgp.
          >

          > --
          > Don Poaps
          > New Westminster, BC
          > VA7DGP
          > Satern Member
          > Vector Member
          > Surrey Amateur Radio
          > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

        • Rick Westerfield
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013

            We are connecting but it is a noisy watering hole for V4 Chat.  I will keep trying though with a few more CQs and connects with you.

            Rick KH2DF

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013

              Can you tell us about your rig, what soundcard interface you have ant the antenna?

              Rick KH2DF

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013

                Your radio makes the initial connection and then does not like to make any push-to-talk moves after that.  Your constellation scores here are plenty high enough to move data – you are in the 50-65 range mostly here in NW Louisiana

                Rick KH2DF

                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                  I see the connected. I've never used this program before so my White cane is out feeling my way around the program.

                  Don
                  VA7DGP

                  --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Westerfield" <r_lwesterfield@...> wrote:

                  > We are connecting but it is a noisy watering hole for V4 Chat. I will keep
                  > trying though with a few more CQs and connects with you.
                  >

                  > Rick KH2DF

                • Pete Ferrand
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                    Hey Rick I'm hearing you, not super loud, in Wisconsin nr Chicago.

                    -Pete
                    WB2QLL
                    Somers, WI

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 9, 2013
                      Rig Kenwood TS 850 s
                      Signalink Souncard
                      130 ft Center horizontal dipole
                      Power max. My same setting as I use for RMS express

                      Don

                      On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Rick Westerfield wrote:

                      Can you tell us about your rig, what soundcard interface you have ant the antenna?

                      Rick KH2DF

                      14.1075 and 14.1065 are popular pactor frequencies.  14.1065 is the more used in this country and 14.1075 the more popular in Europe.  Anyone for sharing?

                      Dave in Minnesota

                      I posted a screen shot of the signal that my system picked up. I'm wondering if there's a Winlink Station on this freq?

                      Don VA7DGP

                      --- In V4Protocol@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

                      > QRV
                      >
                      > cq de va7dgp.
                      >

                      > --
                      > Don Poaps
                      > New Westminster, BC
                      > VA7DGP
                      > Satern Member
                      > Vector Member
                      > Surrey Amateur Radio
                      > Metrotown Salvation Army Community Church Member

                    • POB
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                        I am up on the above frequency 14.107.5 att for a while calling CQ.
                        POB/K8LEN
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                          Calling cq from BC. I don't think I'll reach as band not quite open here

                          Don VA7DGP

                          On Tuesday, March 12, 2013, POB wrote:

                          I am up on the above frequency 14.107.5 att for a while calling CQ.
                          POB/K8LEN

                        • ric5
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                            I’m new to the group, I’m running a Flex 1500 and FL110 amp . I run Fldigi 3.21.66 with no problems.(all modes)  Also Flamp , however I cannot get V4 chat Sound Card TNC 1.0.20 to Xmit it receives fine.  I tried the CQ function I see the software running CQ but it does not key the Flex ?  I’m using VAC to sound card.  Anyone got any setup screen shots please.

                            Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                          • tharringtonricky
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                Did you look at the V4 Chat help on the Flex radios?  There have been tests using this setup that work.  On V4 Chat Click: Files,  Help Index, Flex SDR Radios.  Follow the setup which is based on using VAC.  Be sure to check your latency times...very important for ARQ operation.

                                Rick KN6KB

                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                  Thanks I’m going to eat lunch and walk away from it for a  while. I had no problems setting up VAC Xmit to my Flex but this has worked me over for while 2 hours. I may try on the old FT-102 which has my Rigblaster box for a interface.   That’s my RTTY setup it runs a cool 100 + watts all day long !

                                  See If I can get to xmit via the cable , I sure I can . Maybe I can speak with some that has set the Flex and find out where my problem is.

                                  Thank you for your help Rick

                                  Rick Kd4jrx 73

                                  Did you look at the V4 Chat help on the Flex radios?  There have been tests using this setup that work.  On V4 Chat Click: Files,  Help Index, Flex SDR Radios.  Follow the setup which is based on using VAC.  Be sure to check your latency times...very important for ARQ operation.

                                  Rick KN6KB

                                  I’m new to the group, I’m running a Flex 1500 and FL110 amp . I run Fldigi 3.21.66 with no problems.(all modes)  Also Flamp , however I cannot get V4 chat Sound Card TNC 1.0.20 to Xmit it receives fine.  I tried the CQ function I see the software running CQ but it does not key the Flex ?  I’m using VAC to sound card.  Anyone got any setup screen shots please.

                                  Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                                • Kirk
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                    Ric,

                                    I run my Flex1500, 3000 and 5000 using V4 with no problem.  Sounds to me like you may be having problems with Com ports.  Are you using virtual com ports?  I’d be happy to walk you through setting up your Flex.  Probably the easiest way to do this is to give me your telephone number and I’ll give you a call.

                                    73,

                                    Kirk, K6KAR

                                    Niceville, FL

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                      Kirk yes I’m  running  a Flex 1500 using  VAC sound card control, and also  Rig control with  FLdigi  3.21.66 with NO problems at all.

                                      You got screen shots ? Or you want me to call you via land line?

                                      Rick Kd4jrx

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                        Ric,

                                        I don’t have any screen shots although I can make one for you.  However, I think you may need to use a program that creates a virtual com port versus FLDIGI as your rig control.  There are two that come to mind and either one is good.  The first is Com0Com and is available via the Flex Radio knowledge base http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50062.aspx  and the other VSPmgr (which is the one I use). It’s available from Steve Nance, K5FR who has written the very fine program DDUTIL.  http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page   In order to get VSPmgr you will have to make an email request Steve. Steve will be very quick to respond to your email.  If you need further assistance, please email me your phone number directly and I’ll give you a call.  My email is listed in QRZ.com.

                                        73,

                                        Kirk, K6KAR

                                        Niceville, FL

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                          Kirk,

                                          Take a look at theses screen shots anything stands out?

                                          Thanks Rick Kd4jrx

[...]

                                        • wa6owm
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013
                                            De WA6OWM
                                            Rick,
                                            I believe the Flex-1500 will only support 48000, (Flex-3000=96000/Flex-5000=192000).
                                            WA6OWM

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                              It did not change anything??

                                              Rick Kd4jrx

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                                Not sure what you mean “It did not change anything??
                                                Did you follow the instruction in this Knowledgebase application note?
                                                Good luck
                                                WA6OWM

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Mar 12, 2013

                                                  I’m good to go got up and running xmit and recv both, Just need to read the docs some more and a little air time. Thank you for yur help. See screen shots.

                                                  Rick Kd4jrx FM14ab

                                                  AAR4UK Mars